Coronavirus

1of4

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Van Cone De Head said:

It’s a disgrace,serious lack of respect.

Woman  I work with nearly got whacked yesterday by a bloke with 2 kids because he was only allowed  to take one in.

Even though she was going to let him in as a one off but was just trying to explain it.

Didn’t give her chance,lost his temper went to push her out of the way!

47 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Taser their wotsits.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

This is way supermarkets thinking now sodd it just let them in.

And police only doing his job and then get attack for doing his job.

The video is on some of the tabloid websites, for some reason those involved have had their faces blurred out. It appears to have been filmed by some girls who are laughing at whats happening.

Its disgraceful, they should be punished as should their parents for allowing them to gather in groups.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

The video is on some of the tabloid websites, for some reason those involved have had their faces blurred out. It appears to have been filmed by some girls who are laughing at whats happening.

Its disgraceful, they should be punished as should their parents for allowing them to gather in groups.

I wish there I would go to his aid and contact mates of mine who work for police now and say message police under attack needs ugent help now.

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I wish there I would go to his aid and contact mates of mine who work for police now and say message police under attack needs ugent help now.

Chances are they wont be quick dont do it again.

I would make them do most dirties jobs in police station perhaps wont be so keen to do it again.

Sith Happens
Just now, B4ev6is said:

Chances are they wont be quick dont do it again.

I would make them do most dirties jobs in police station perhaps wont be so keen to do it again.

Im with you, make it a proper punishment not a slap on the wrist.

Some socially distanced litter picking for a few hundred hours would be a good place to start

This is side of things I am not keen on going back to work. I have been spat at or being threatened by people that going to beat me up just because been misbaving and I have kick them out. Some times parents even worse than kids or adults should I say.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Im with you, make it a proper punishment not a slap on the wrist.

Some socially distanced litter picking for a few hundred hours would be a good place to start

What I mean go clean cells 

Clean toliets 

Wash out smelly bins or really big bins that would treat them.

Sith Happens
Just now, B4ev6is said:

This is side of things I am not keen on going back to work. I have been spat at or being threatened by people that going to beat me up just because been misbaving and I have kick them out. Some times parents even worse than kids or adults should I say.

I can imagine how some people behave towards you though, no one should have to put up with that. Having worked in retail earlier in life I have been shouted at and called awful things just because someone didn't get their way or the answer the wanted.

Thankfully I do still feel this is the minority, i like to think most people are still decent.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What I mean go clean cells 

Clean toliets 

Wash out smelly bins or really big bins that would treat them.

Agree, anything that will keep them busy for many many hours, and that is something that will teach them not to do it again.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I can imagine how some people behave towards you though, no one should have to put up with that. Having worked in retail earlier in life I have been shouted at and called awful things just because someone didn't get their way or the answer the wanted.

Thankfully I do still feel this is the minority, i like to think most people are still decent.

One time my mum was with group black lads came started threating beat me up or worse my mum turn around said to them if you dont leave my son alone I just recording you on my phone I will phone the police and in so many words to go away with few bankers words to them. 

I nearly quite my job that week and said to my mum I dont get paid enough for this.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

You might be allowed to go yet mate dont give up hope mate.

Hope so mate...

49 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

My trip to france at the end of august looks less promising now...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52781812

Three months away yet. The UK are going to review it's policy every three weeks and, I would imagine France will be doing something similar. There is also the potential to relax the quarantine for certain countries without lifting for worldwide visitors. 

If I was a betting man, I would put money on the restriction being lifted between the UK and France by then. 

12 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Fair point, hard to argue with that.

But much has been made of this argument with regards to footballers, and I'm not sure why they can't self isolate for the duration and then be tested and return home. Totally lose my sympathy that they are pulling the 'I'm protecting my family its not about money' card. 

They could train in isolation as they all are doing (or even at home if they insist) and then self isolate for 5 or 6 weeks while they play the remaining games. I'm sure there are hotels or rental properties they can use. I'm sorry, but if you are on £50,000 a week its totally unreasonable not to do that and still expect to get paid! Cricketers go away for months at a time, no idea why footballers think its unreasonable to not see their family for a few weeks in order to do their job and justify the ludicrous sums they receive.

As you know, my decision is already made and I go to work and there are immediate family members I can't see for various reasons. There are no winners here. 

Going back to your point, I have no idea of the real stats, but as a wider argument with no correlation to the true risks...

Say, my choice was between going to work, getting back to normal etc with the result being a 1 in 50 chance of me or someone I cared about getting ill and a further 1 in 100 chance of them actually dying, compared with staying at home and having a 1 in 4 chance of my business closing, losing my job and then potentially my home and my future..

Then I wouldn't hesitate. Like I say, no idea of the real weighting.

But I would guess most of the millions back in work (inc NHS staff) aren't altruistic heroes, they are normal people weighing up their options, what the risks are and acting accordingly. So my feeling is that maybe some teachers, parents of school age children, footballers... are making their decision based on thinking they don't actually need to take ANY risk, so why do it. But unless they are going to wait until there is a vaccine there will always be risk, and whilst they may have a slightly reduced rate of catching it, they are at no more risk of actually being very ill if they do catch it. So personally only if I were very vulnerable would I not go back to work and then it probably wouldn't matter what the R rate was, I just wouldn't risk it. 

I genuinely think Some footballers out there (small minority) think that they can object completely to undertaking their job stating any kind of risk but will still believe they want full pay.

I don’t have an issue if Deeney or Sterling decide not to come back and play, but their clubs should stop paying them and move them onto furlough or zero pay until they do return. I bet they would soon change their minds....

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I genuinely think Some footballers out there (small minority) think that they can object completely to undertaking their job stating any kind of risk but will still believe they want full pay.

I don’t have an issue if Deeney or Sterling decide not to come back and play, but their clubs should stop paying them and move them onto furlough or zero pay until they do return. I bet they would soon change their minds....

Nail on head.

Sith Happens
22 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Ferry to Eire, Ferry to France?

I'm only off for a week 

Archived