Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Nope.

May I ask in which regard you’re not a WASP?

Nope. I'm aware of how discrimination works, I'm afraid you'll have to take my word on this - and as I'm being serious in this thread any minute now I'll stop trying to put an alternate view over and leave it, that's all I'll say.

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Nope.

May I ask in which regard you’re not a WASP?

Check out the reaction from 86 Schmokes - he thinks he's the only one and the rest of us are talking poo. So although this is an anonymous forum I'll leave any more personal info out thanks. But I'm being serious about this subject - discrimination of any sort is serious, but also easy nowadays to over-exaggerate I think.

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

This is my understanding as well, micro-aggressions are very obvious to younger people due to us being raised in the culture where they are increasingly being aired. An older demographic, as has been seen, do not generrally assign the same level of importance to these misgivings, hence why there are people then genuinely believe Ramage hasn't done anything wrong, next to folk that are shocked at the level of ignorance in Ramage's comment.

That last paragraph is incredibly astute and sums the whole point up nicely. Racism isn't necessarily direct, it can take many forms and most of the examples we see are prejudice-focused rather than explicit attacks. While this is a good thing overall and shows signs of societal progress, it's important to still realise the importance of potentially how hurtful and regressive these prejudicial remarks can be. 

God save us from the buzzword generation?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Check out the reaction from 86 Schmokes - he thinks he's the only one and the rest of us are talking poo. So although this is an anonymous forum I'll leave any more personal info out thanks. But I'm being serious about this subject - discrimination of any sort is serious, but also easy nowadays to over-exaggerate I think.

Care to point out where I've said anything of the sort. Your the one making endless references to how much you've suffered! All I said was that I don't need you to tell me what is hurtful and what isn't which I don't think is unreasonable enough to warrant your ridiculous little hissy fit.

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

All I said was that I don't need you to tell me what is hurtful and what isn't ...

And that is exactly what I pointed out to you - that you might be talking to other posters who knew what you'd had to deal with, but yet you seemed not to empathise.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And that is exactly what I pointed out to you - that you might be talking to other posters who knew what you'd had to deal with, but yet you seemed not to empathise.

Well if that's how you choose to interpret it then I'm sorry but your reaction to both myself and another poster is completely OTT. I don't know your circumstances but I'm certainly not looking for anyone's sympathy, least of all yours. I've not asked for it, I don't want it. If you have an issue with that then you'll have to deal with it as you see fit.

If you yourself have suffered as much discrimination as you infer, you have my sympathy but I've not alluded to a single instance of me being discriminated against, not even implied that it has even happened. You can draw your own conclusions. I've nothing further to add to our 'debate' I'm afraid.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

One definition of discrimination is to recognize the difference between right and wrong,So surely just because a person doesnt agree with you cannot  be said to be discriminating?Are we mixing up discrimination with prejudice

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

ok boomer

No one ever mentions Gen Xs when we are easily the best. It's all boomers vs millennials, with Gen Zs now on the scene.

I love reading articles about millennials though. Always so evidenced based and totally representative of millennials everywhere, provided they are freelance writers in London with rich parents who bemoan the fact they have to rent to save up for a 450k flat in zone 2.

(Btw, that is classic Gen X sarcasm for your there you stupid boomers/millennials.)

10 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I don't know your circumstances but I'm certainly not looking for anyone's sympathy, least of all yours. I've not asked for it, I don't want it. If you have an issue with that then you'll have to deal with it as you see fit.

I'm not offering sympathy for your circumstances, don't worry. But there's a difference between sympathy and empathy, I'm certainly getting where you're coming from alright.

14 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

No one ever mentions Gen Xs when we are easily the best. It's all boomers vs millennials, with Gen Zs now on the scene.

I love reading articles about millennials though. Always so evidenced based and totally representative of millennials everywhere, provided they are freelance writers in London with rich parents who bemoan the fact they have to rent to save up for a 450k flat in zone 2.

(Btw, that is classic Gen X sarcasm for your there you stupid boomers/millennials.)

Gen Z all the way ?

(I don't really pay attention to generational differences, just wanted to use the boomer meme tbh ?)

Can I just identify as a father and husband instead of all the labels getting thrown about? 

That’s the problem with society now, some people put you in one camp or another..... whilst the majority shrug and just want a nice time in the middle 

Archived