Jayden Bogle

Andicis

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Couldn't agree more. The club needs to do something about this type of ''supporter''.

Exactly, criticism is criticism and we, as fans, have a right to be able to criticise. That said, it’s ridiculous to want to tag players in that, let alone direct message them. Then there’s this crap which goes way way further than even that, and is just pathetic and disgusting in equal measures. 

Just now, Srg said:

Exactly, criticism is criticism and we, as fans, have a right to be able to criticise. That said, it’s ridiculous to want to tag players in that, let alone direct message them. Then there’s this crap which goes way way further than even that, and is just pathetic and disgusting in equal measures. 

Precisely, talk about players for their football. And even then, there is no need to @ them or message them with it. The thing is, it's all so out of hand with social media it's going to be very difficult to stop it at this point.

What an absolute bamford. It’s people like this on the internet who cause mental damage to people who are already having a tough time which can send them down an awful road - and these idiots don’t even realise the significance of what they’re doing. We’ve had this discussion before as well, what sort of idiot feels the need to shove their opinions on a player down said players throat. Have your opinions, that’s fair enough, but talk to your mates about it, not the players themselves. It’s not your place. Then this sort of disgusting moron goes one step further and sends horrendous stuff like that. Awful, it really is.

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

And then you get Ramage saying that all the young black lads need taking down a peg or two...! 
he has to be fired for that. 

And why’s that? Look at you, telling someone should lose their job. Wow.

18 minutes ago, Srg said:

Because it’s literally racist. 

Didn't hear it. But that isn't good if its true. 

So, did he say 'all the black players' .. (which would be very odd, includes... Curtis Davis... Tom Huddlestone?) 

Or did he say 'the two black players' ...which isn't great either as in this case it would have made more sense to say the 'two young full backs'.

Its a serious debate though and doesn't come across well at first hearing. But I will add a true story to show I can see both sides. 

Basically I was sat with my mate at work one day and our boss was making a phone call to tell someone we were coming, and we heard him say 'yeh, you may know him....errmmmm well he is errrr about 40, and kinda average height and I suppose he is pretty well built'..... 

And my mate piped up, 'And I am black ffs'. 

Our boss had been squirming like hell cos he was trying to describe him and didn't want to just single out/ label him as being 'black'. 

My mate could see the ludicrous nature of it, and laughed about it and said ' I am aware I am black you know'. It took the tension out of what had the potential to become an awkward situation where no-one had any ill intention. 

Archived