Jayden Bogle

Andicis

The 13 year old - or his friends - made an ill judged mistake and should be punished by their parents and taught why it was wrong. Hopefully, they will learn. The internet and social media are brilliant but anonymous posts - peddling hate - are spoiling it. Jayden Bogle, in this case, wouldn't have known it was by a naive youngster and it could have had a real impact.

Ramage, on the other hand, is a professional broadcaster and should be fully aware of his responsibilities.

There's been talk of sacking, or going on diversity training courses, but I cannot understand how he can be put in such a position in the first place if they are the views he holds. Or, if we give him the benefit of the doubt and suppose it didn't come out as he intended (hard to see but....), then he should have training on how to express himself.

Aswell as this, the last broadcast I heard was the home cup tie against Northampton, and his treatment of Roos was unprofessional, at best, appalling in truth.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I don't want to be a pedant (I do really), but there's no such thing as instant dismissal in English law for anybody who has been at a job long enough to have basic rights.

Being a pedant back this is incorrect. 

Even if a person has over 2 years service there still are instances where the company employing them could be totally justified legally in dismissing the individual instantly:-

Threat to the employer 

Collective Issues 

Industrial Action 

There are a few other cases for example if your place of work burns down then your employer can't then employ you 

But agree with the other sentiments in your post 

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Being a pedant back this is incorrect. 

Even if a person has over 2 years service there still are instances where the company employing them could be totally justified legally in dismissing the individual instantly:-

Threat to the employer 

Collective Issues 

Industrial Action 

There are a few other cases for example if your place of work burns down then your employer can't then employ you 

But agree with the other sentiments in your post 

If that is the case, then the law has changed since 2004 when I got out of that industry - and of course it could have. 

I used to work for Croner selling HR outsourcing solutions and we had numerous clients have to get themselves out of instant dismissal after unions found out.

We had it drilled into us that an employee could shoot a colleague in the face and the owner would still need to suspend him for 24-hours and then call him back into fire him the following day.

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

If that is the case, then the law has changed since 2004 when I got out of that industry - and of course it could have. 

I used to work for Croner selling HR outsourcing solutions and we had numerous clients have to get themselves out of instant dismissal after unions found out.

We had it drilled into us that an employee could shoot a colleague in the face and the owner would still need to suspend him for 24-hours and then call him back into fire him the following day.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/instant-dismissal

3 hours ago, Srg said:

Completely and utterly wrong that they’ve done this without any comment or statement about it. Trying to sweep it under the rug and act like it hasn’t happened. 

Absolutely that has just made it worst for Ramage has it basic admission it was wrong to say it.

Should have just shelved the whole cast.

12 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

From 19:30 in the Sportscene reaction podcast:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p083hw8t

'I think they've had it too easy some of these players, and I think they've dropped off the boil feeling like they've arrived, they've made it. I might be wrong but from my, from looking in, when I look over and I look at certain players, their body language, their stance, the way they act, you just feel, hold on a minute, he needs pulling down a peg or two.

So I'd probably say that about all the young black lads, all the young advice if they wanted it, that, you know, it's about, when you are struggling for form, you are going through a bit of a sticky patch, it's about going back to basics, working hard, and doing the right things. Doing the easy thing at times, not taking any chances, work your socks off, Chris. That is my biggest, erm, thing I would say to these players.'

You’ve just probably cost a man his job writing this.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

You’ve just probably cost a man his job writing this.

The BBC have dealt with the matter in the way they see appropriate.

I heard the podcast on the way back from the match and was shocked by Ramage's comments, and thought I'd check the forum to see if anyone else had picked up on it. Three other posters on this thread had mentioned or questioned what was said, so I just clarified this with a link to the podcast that was at that time available on the BBC Radio Derby website, and wrote a transcript of the relevant section for people on the forum who probably wouldn't go through with listening to it, just so it was clear what was said.

Of course Max Lowe must then have read this on the forum here or been alerted to it, and matters have moved on from there. I did not set out for Ramage to lose his job, but also do not think the BBC should be allowing such output that affects young black players and also fans who listen to this, and for me to just have ignored it would have been wrong.

Archived