Jayden Bogle

Andicis

6 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

C'mon on. Perspective. Wouldnt you stick up for your child if they were being publically vilified, I know I would. 

There are adults on this very forum openly saying 'player a b c is a steaming pile of poo'. 

Yet a kid who says something - admittedly worse - which is obviously just a pathetic and childish comment and he has a lifetime ban? I am sure he won't do it again and greatly regrets it already. There are better ways of handling it. 

Anyway, can I do the joke first?? Why reward him with decades of not being permanently disappointed and let down? I would give him a lifetime season ticket. 

Too late. ?

Sticking up for your child and raising a fake complaint to police (if this is the outcome) are two very different things.

Sticking up for a child is surely getting them to take ownership and then educating them/supporting them as they grow up.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Sticking up for your child and raising a fake complaint to police (if this is the outcome) are two very different things.

Sticking up for a child is surely getting them to take ownership and then educating them/supporting them as they grow up.

Exactly, we have no idea what they said to the police.  Saying in public ' he is saying it was a mate who did it' is hardly a crime to my mind. 

Regardless, I would assume in private they are taking him to task in a big way and that can be done in all manner of ways. 

2 hours ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

There are three ways to go with this as I see it.

1. Ramage has opportunity to correct himself does so with apology the next time he is on RD and voluntarily gets Diversity training.

2.BBC tell him to do the above then suspend him for a period whilst he gets training and then comes back (the "Carragher route")

3. Ramage refuses to apologise or ignores what he has said then as far as I am concerned he will need removing.

I don't think Ramage (interesting how my phone auto corrects Ramage to Damage) is too good at apologising judging by what I've heard on the radio. 

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't think Ramage (interesting how my phone auto corrects Ramage to Damage) is too good at apologising judging by what I've heard on the radio. 

Agreed but he must have/present himself the opportunity, I must admit I don't often listen to the phone or commentary very often as I think on the whole it is quite poor.

But having said that any match coverage on Derby on the Tv I mute the verbals.

Some 13 yr old kid does something stupid - Whether him or his mates - Definitely needs disciplining in a serious way but no need for witch hunt or making his identity public or anything like that - If he was an adult I'd say Jayden should be allowed one punch to his delicates in retaliation - But kids can be stupid and thoughtless and need teaching 

Ramage however is an adult - And he should know a statement like that is racist - I think if he wants to stay on as a pundit he should apologise and then every fan offended by his comments who have been affected by racism (so probably every person who is not White-British) should get chance to punch him in the delicates 

Maybe I should give up as Batman and become Judge Dredd?

39 minutes ago, rammieib said:

PS for perspective, at worst he is a kid sending a ridiculous post - which Jayden should treat with the level of disdain it deserves - but all across the country kids are saying (and doing) way worse in schools towards adults every day. Adults who are paid a lot less but are expected to deal with very real face-to-face confrontations sonetimes on a daily basis and then have to met with parents who blame everyone else but their own children. 

Obviously two wrongs don't make a right but I feel social media stuff does get blown out of context at the detriment to real social problems. 

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

bogle’s body language and demeanour is a bit off.

Exhibit a. in the the boozegate incident. The video of Tom lawrence slapping Malone which got into the papers seemed to have been filmed by bogle on his phone, with him talking over it in that irritating gangsta teenager way.

I'm pretty sure that was Bennett. I don't remember Bogle being involved in the 'Boozegate' thing at all.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's the issue though I think you're using a non valid outcome as a point of reference.

Spitting at someone in a workplace would be classified as gross misconduct and instant dismissal. 

I don't want to be a pedant (I do really), but there's no such thing as instant dismissal in English law for anybody who has been at a job long enough to have basic rights.

You can instantly suspend somebody and then bring them back and fire them though.

Of course it happens, but when it does the company doing the firing could be dragged through the courts for not following correct procedure.

Aaaaanyway, I think Ramage will be out of work within the next 24 hours.

If he'd moderared it even slightly to the two black full backs he may have saved himself, but even then, can anybody imagine him saying 'the two white strikers' when referring to Martin and Waghorn?

As others have said, I don't think there was malice being the remark but you have to wonder if  that's what he's prepared to say on air, wtf is he saying off air? 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

It looks like Max has been reading the forum today. 

6 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

From 19:30 in the Sportscene reaction podcast:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p083hw8t

'I think they've had it too easy some of these players, and I think they've dropped off the boil feeling like they've arrived, they've made it. I might be wrong but from my, from looking in, when I look over and I look at certain players, their body language, their stance, the way they act, you just feel, hold on a minute, he needs pulling down a peg or two.

So I'd probably say that about all the young black lads, all the young advice if they wanted it, that, you know, it's about, when you are struggling for form, you are going through a bit of a sticky patch, it's about going back to basics, working hard, and doing the right things. Doing the easy thing at times, not taking any chances, work your socks off, Chris. That is my biggest, erm, thing I would say to these players.'

4 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

BBC Radio Derby have just reissued the podcast, but cut out Ramage saying 'I'd probably say that about all the young black lads, all the young advice if they wanted it, that, you know'...

Completely and utterly wrong that they’ve done this without any comment or statement about it. Trying to sweep it under the rug and act like it hasn’t happened. 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Completely and utterly wrong that they’ve done this without any comment or statement about it. Trying to sweep it under the rug and act like it hasn’t happened. 

Hope someone downloaded the original audio. 

Just now, Srg said:

Completely and utterly wrong that they’ve done this with any comment or statement about it. Trying to sweep it under the rug and act like it hasn’t happened. 

I said earlier I couldn't believe it was still on. Hopefully removing it is the first in a series of actions, with the next being some sort of statement. I know if i was in charge my first action would be to say get it removed while a statement is carefully put together and released.

I am stunned however that it wasnt picked up last night and not even posted online.

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

Hopefully Instagram can register the IP of when that post was made and demonstrate if the account was hacked. Should be a simple thing I’d have thought?

If it’s found to be the kid in question, the parents should be prosecuted for wasting police time and the child banned from attending any Derby game again.

A child banned from ever attending a game again? Come off it

7 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

BBC Radio Derby have just reissued the podcast, but cut out Ramage saying 'I'd probably say that about all the young black lads, all the young advice if they wanted it, that, you know'...

Ok thats piss poor.....contrary the my previous post i wouldnt have done that, that does look like covering it up.

Archived