Jayden Bogle

Andicis

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Didn't hear it. But that isn't good if its true. 

So, did he say 'all the black players' .. (which would be very odd, includes... Curtis Davis... Tom Huddlestone?) 

Or did he say 'the two black players' ...which isn't great either as in this case it would have made more sense to say the 'two young full backs'.

From 19:30 in the Sportscene reaction podcast:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p083hw8t

'I think they've had it too easy some of these players, and I think they've dropped off the boil feeling like they've arrived, they've made it. I might be wrong but from my, from looking in, when I look over and I look at certain players, their body language, their stance, the way they act, you just feel, hold on a minute, he needs pulling down a peg or two.

So I'd probably say that about all the young black lads, all the young advice if they wanted it, that, you know, it's about, when you are struggling for form, you are going through a bit of a sticky patch, it's about going back to basics, working hard, and doing the right things. Doing the easy thing at times, not taking any chances, work your socks off, Chris. That is my biggest, erm, thing I would say to these players.'

43 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t understand why footballers are on social media 

I get where you are coming from, but surely that shouldn't be a factor. I'd say its those that use it as a platform for bullying that should not be allowed to use it.

9 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

'I think they've had it too easy some of these players, and I think they've dropped off the boil feeling like they've arrived, they've made it. I might be wrong but from my, from looking in, when I look over and I look at certain players, their body language, their stance, the way they act, you just feel, hold on a minute, he needs pulling down a peg or two.

So I'd probably say that about all the young black lads, all the young advice if they wanted it, that, you know, it's about, when you are struggling for form, you are going through a bit of a sticky patch, it's about going back to basics, working hard, and doing the right things. Doing the easy thing at times, not taking any chances, work your socks off, Chris. That is my biggest, erm, thing I would say to these players.'

Whats this?

13 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Wait, Ramage actually said that and hasn’t been sacked?!?

2 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

The section of the post match Sportscene podcast from last night discussed in this thread, when Craig Ramage gave his thoughts to Chris Coles.

Yeah just found it, i am assuming the posts were deleted, maybe due to no proof not sure, i have only just seen the thread this morning.

I am very surprised in Ramage, also surprised the BBC have allowed it to go online.

This in my mind is similar to the eranio comments a few year ago, it does demonstrate an 'us and them' mentality.

I dont think ramages comments are said with malice, but still this needs to be addressed by radio Derby, i hope he isnt sacked for it but there needs to be some sort of sanction, maybe a suspension and 'education' program.

I don’t think it helped Bogle having a couple of opportunities at right midfield.

To me that says we think your strength is in attack. He is a pretty average defender but a good footballer who carries the ball well in wide areas. It’s up to him to decide where his future lies. He can’t head the ball so it may be that a move forward will help him.

I know this is a thread on social media and a culture of hatred but I prefer to plot a way forward for our lads and I hope Bogle becomes a success at Derby County in whatever position he decides to own.

Hoping social media improves and that sad people become more positive is like barking at the moon. 

We can only do our bit to create a sensible balance.

Appreciate it will never happen, but i think you should need some sort of online ID to post in places such as twitter, facebook, dcfcfans and so on.

Doesnt need to be too complicated, a credit card registration something like that.

It wont happen because of the revenue generated from advertising which will drop if this happened.

I am not talking about your identity being public, just that the administrators have access to some sort of database should someone post something that is worthy of investigation, not even talking about the site administrators being able to just open a database table and have a scan through, more some sort of third party security system which holds the details and should something be said just put in an application when requested by the authorities and hey presto you have that persons details, irrespective of them using vpn's/proxies/public internet points to make the post.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Appreciate it will never happen, but i think you should need some sort of online ID to post in places such as twitter, facebook, dcfcfans and so on.

Doesnt need to be too complicated, a credit card registration something like that.

It wont happen because of the revenue generated from advertising which will drop if this happened.

I am not talking about your identity being public, just that the administrators have access to some sort of database should someone post something that is worthy of investigation, not even talking about the site administrators being able to just open a database table and have a scan through, more some sort of third party security system which holds the details and should something be said just put in an application when requested by the authorities and hey presto you have that persons details, irrespective of them using vpn's/proxies/public internet points to make the post.

Noble intentions but as soon as someone posts something negative online there’s a horde of spiteful people just waiting to join that bandwagon.

28 minutes ago, Srg said:

Wait, Ramage actually said that and hasn’t been sacked?!?

Not sure just sacking people is the right call but I definitely think he needs to have a good think about his thought process here and then act accordingly to try and rectify it and quickly. 

I believe people generally deserve a second chance and Jamie Carragher actually spat at someone and only got a few months off...surely that is worse behaviour?

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Not sure just sacking people is the right call but I definitely think he needs to have a good think about his thought process here and then act accordingly to try and rectify it and quickly. 

I believe people generally deserve a second chance and Jamie Carragher actually spat at someone and only got a few months off...surely that is worse behaviour?

Not in my book. I’d be sacked for saying that and acting in that way, and he’s using a public forum to spout it. 

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

That's the issue though I think you're using a non valid outcome as a point of reference.

Spitting at someone in a workplace would be classified as gross misconduct and instant dismissal. 

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

No thanks. Everything you post online is already tracked and recorded too much as it is. The internet should remain as free as possible without trying to turn it into the Chinese internet. If the police want to find out who somebody is online they don't need us to register to do it - in almost all cases unless somebody is deliberately trying to hide (which would be the same in you system) it is very easy to identify who is posting something online.

You are never ever going to be able to control what people say online without censoring vast portions of it like the Chinese Communist party does and even then the Chinese population are constantly finding ways around it. This 13 year old kid has said some pretty awful things, but if the authorities wish to do anything about it they will do. Its not down to the mob in this thread or anywhere else to decide their own justice system.

Archived