u19's v Borussia Dortmund U19 (H)

Bubbles

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A few comments from Dortmund fans. 
- some felt it was a foul on the keeper and others thought there was an offside for our first. 
- some thought the Scottish ref would favour an English side because we’re the same nation. Another fan suggested he was a Scottish Nationalist, hence why 6 minutes were added on at the end. 
- apparently Sibley’s goal shouldn’t have counted as Whittaker (?) was standing in an offside position at some point. 
- the ref was generous towards us by giving soft FKs in our favour

For Sibley goal the ball came off a defender, so not offside. Good all by the linesman. 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A few comments from Dortmund fans. 
- some felt it was a foul on the keeper and others thought there was an offside for our first. 
- some thought the Scottish ref would favour an English side because we’re the same nation. Another fan suggested he was a Scottish Nationalist, hence why 6 minutes were added on at the end. 
- apparently Sibley’s goal shouldn’t have counted as Whittaker (?) was standing in an offside position at some point. 
- the ref was generous towards us by giving soft FKs in our favour

Do people really get this worked up by an U19s game? Blimey. 

28 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

For Sibley goal the ball came off a defender, so not offside. Good all by the linesman. 

That doesn't matter if Sibley was offside when the ball was played... but he wasn't. Whittaker (the one they're complaining about) wasn't involved at all so I have no idea what they're moaning at.

11 hours ago, Dimmu said:

3/4 of March.

Teams qualified so far (Group winners and us):

Real Madrid 

Bayern Munich 

Atalanta

Juventus 

Liverpool 

Internazionale

Benfica

Ajax 

Derby

Teams qualified so far (Group winners and us):

Derby

Real Madrid 

Bayern Munich 

Atalanta

Juventus 

Liverpool 

Internazionale

Benfica

Ajax 

That looks better.

13 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

Borussia Dortmund official site match report & reaction

https://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/U19s-out-after-losing-play-off-3-1-at-Derby-County

"It was a deserved victory for Derby County. Unfortunately, we rarely found solutions to combat their desire, physicality and commitment. It was still quite decent in the first half, but going 1-0 up suited the English. After that they could make use of their power," summarised BVB youth coordinator Lars Ricken.

So we 'out muscled them'! Typical retort from a losing 'manager'. They were outplayed by us plain and simple.

After the disappointing outcome to the late breakaway (Wilson), I was very impressed with how cool, calm and collected Sibley remained, when passing the ball into the net for the third goal.  Many a lad would have lashed at that, and it clearly didn't need it.
I like a calm head, does I.  

There's a good article from Ryan Conway on the match here, for those who subscribe to The Athletic. He's spent serious time watching the youngsters this season, and I think it shows in this article. I love that our academy is the next big thing. To be honest, they already are, for me. 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Friday (not sure on the time). I believe they'll draw all remaining rounds rather than just the next round.

Which is very weird.

If you're drawing the initial bracket randomly; then I don't see the point in also randomising which winners go to which QF and then which of those go to which SF.

Unless they're trying to provide an illusion of randomness while actually fixing paths that they want ? 

25 minutes ago, Squid said:

Atletico Madrid currently beating Rangers 3-0 to join us in the next round..

Lille drawing against Midtjylland 

Finished 4-0. 

Archived