u19's v Borussia Dortmund U19 (H)

Bubbles

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went with an English Borussia Dortmund fan today, so sat in the away section, but it didn’t spoil my enjoyment of the Derby win, and I was amazed by the high standard of football from both teams.

There were many good displays from the Derby players, and obviously Louie Sibley’s contribution was key to the victory, but my Motm was Jordan Brown, who controlled midfield and scored a brilliant goal. 

And it was obvious from his display today that Morgan Whittaker has great potential too, something not always apparent from his recent somewhat nervous cameo appearances in the senior team .. 

A few comments from Dortmund fans. 
- some felt it was a foul on the keeper and others thought there was an offside for our first. 
- some thought the Scottish ref would favour an English side because we’re the same nation. Another fan suggested he was a Scottish Nationalist, hence why 6 minutes were added on at the end. 
- apparently Sibley’s goal shouldn’t have counted as Whittaker (?) was standing in an offside position at some point. 
- the ref was generous towards us by giving soft FKs in our favour

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

- some felt it was a foul on the keeper and others thought there was an offside for our first. 
- some thought the Scottish ref would favour an English side because we’re the same nation. Another fan suggested he was a Scottish Nationalist, hence why 6 minutes were added on at the end. 
- apparently Sibley’s goal shouldn’t have counted as Whittaker (?) was standing in an offside position at some point. 

Sounds like they don’t know many Scots and English 

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Good example of bias. They played well but still could've and should've been few more for us.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

search you tube for Derby county vs borussia dortmund the goals can been seen commentary in german but better than nothing

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Thanks. Popped over to Munich for a few minutes. Home now. Good to be able to catch some of the game.

Archived