Dodgy keepers

superzak

8 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I wonder if their keeper "was to blame" for not commanding the ball as it dropped to Wisdom for our opener last night!  

Sorry but I have an image of Gandalf in goal and "Thou shall not pass"

commanding the ball - gerrit

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How was Roos at fault for the goals tonight? 6 clean sheets in his last 9(?) apps too

Yes. He actually looked pretty good last night. Caught some well and a couple of saves too.

you don’t feel safe with him like you do with Carson (most of the time ?) but he had a bad run and got nervy. He’s improving 

But it would be kind of nice to have a “safe hands” .. palpitations at my age aren’t my favourite thing ! 

52 minutes ago, NC--RAM said:

Always thought Graham Mosley was dodgy.But that's probably due to my bias as he took the place of my hero and all time greatest Derby keeper Colin Boulton.

Nowt wrong with random bias youth. I always compare left backs to Chrissy Powell - class bloke he is. 

We're quick to criticise our championship goalkeepers, but week in week out we see Premier league keepers not filling you with confidence. 

Watching spurs atm, twice Loris (champions league} has parried fairly tame shots back into play, one resulting in Southampton's tap in equaliser. 

We would be lynching a Derby keeper for that. 

2 hours ago, NC--RAM said:

Always thought Graham Mosley was dodgy.But that's probably due to my bias as he took the place of my hero and all time greatest Derby keeper Colin Boulton.

Ive got a signed copy of colins testimonial programme..one of my heroes too

14 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Have you missed a question mark off the end?  If you have, then the answer is No.  No I don't!  Sorry!

Surprised you let me get away with gerrit - I am not sure that is even a real word.  I would probably put real words above punctuation,

However I thank you sincerely for pointing out my errors for me, I will take it, learn from it and endeavour to improve.

If only we had more people like you this forum would be so much more correct I am sure ?

13 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I played cricket against Colin and Zak in 1981. CB was an excellent cricketer played at a good level 

Did he play for Dunstall in the Haig village cricket final way back?

I had the pleasure of seeing him and big Roger bat at one of his testimonial cricket game (too young to play myself against the men at that point)

Archived