Mike Te Wierik - Signed pre contract, joining in the summer

Kyle guest

4 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I remember when people were wetting themselves over Abdoul Camara's Youtube highlights, and look what we ended up with.  As with any signing I'll wait until he's played a few games before stroking one out.  From all accounts he does sound like the kinda player who we need, as it's no coincidence that we've started to play better now we've got players in the spine of the team (Clarke, Rooney, Martin) who're comfortable on the ball and can pass in tight spaces.

Agree totally 

tbh without wanting to be critical on Curtis Davies I think the upgrade on the ball that wisdom has given us has contributed to the overall improvement too 

without doubt his best position 

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Agree totally 

tbh without wanting to be critical on Curtis Davies I think the upgrade on the ball that wisdom has given us has contributed to the overall improvement too 

Really interesting observation that, because at full back, distribution was seen as something of Andres achilles heel

12 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Really interesting observation that, because at full back, distribution was seen as something of Andres achilles heel

For some strange reason both @NottsRam77 and yourself are correct, wisdom at right back wasn’t the best passer but is better than Curtis and quicker. Wisdom still gives a hospital pass at least once a game, hence  why he  is a temporary fix and not a permanent one 

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Agree, full back and centre back are totally different to play ... obviously 

but they really are

cenfre half everything is in front of u, u have options both left and right ... and more often than not someone centrally showing for it.

at full back u either have the line ball...... if and it’s a big if ur wide midfielder isn’t hiding behind his full back or oppositions wide midfielder or indeed just isn’t there as has drifted inside, a man perhaps showing in the middle of the ball back to the centre back

if the full back looks up and the options arnt on he’s going to get closed down and pressed, sometimes I think wisdom dallied a bit and got caught, sometimes it’s his fault sometimes it’s due to lack of forward options

while full back ... in my eyes is an out ball for the central midfielders it’s also a position that when high up will get pressed hard by the opposition 

centre backs I think have a little more time on the ball which I think suits Andres style 

just my thoughts  

7 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Alarm bells were ringing when he signed when I thought "I'll look him up on FIFA for a laugh" and they originally had him listed as a goalkeeper.

You do realise that Przemysław Kazimierczak actually is a goalkeeper and it was Przemysław Kaźmierczak we signed?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Przemysław_Kaźmierczak

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Przemysław_Kazimierczak

13 hours ago, Coconut said:

You do realise that Przemysław Kazimierczak actually is a goalkeeper and it was Przemysław Kaźmierczak we signed?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Przemysław_Kaźmierczak

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Przemysław_Kazimierczak

No I didn't realise that. There was only one Przemysław Kazimierczak in the game so if anything that was even worse! The guy didn't even exist according to the football game with one of the most comprehensive databases around!

On 07/02/2020 at 16:13, NottsRam77 said:

Agree totally 

I’d add greater physical power and a lot more pace to that attribute!

On 08/02/2020 at 09:54, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

No I didn't realise that. There was only one Przemysław Kazimierczak in the game so if anything that was even worse! The guy didn't even exist according to the football game with one of the most comprehensive databases around!

Because the player you should have been looking for was called Kazmierczak (no 'I' after Kaz)

On 08/02/2020 at 16:16, rammieib said:

How many times will Bogle keep losing the ball instead of passing. It’s frustrating the hell out of me.

Bogle, Holmes, Lowe, Lawrence and Malone all have similar success rates when dribbling. The major difference being Bogle going on more dribbles than any of them and losing it more often as a result. Interestingly, his success rate last year was only 53% yet seemed to be applauded for his dribbling.

Only 17 players have had more successful dribbles than Bogle this season, with only Diangana playing in fewer games, and the only other FB being Antonee Robinson. Out of the 17 players with more successful dribbles, only 7 have a better success rate than Bogle's 62.5% - Eze (62.7%), Ayew (63.5%), Ejaria (65.7%), Swift (66.7%), Holmes (67.6%), Ameobi (68%), Bright Samuel (68.5%).

Appreciate what we've got... there's not many better in this league.

I've just noticed that the Groningen manager is a bloke called Danny Buijs. Now, those with a decent memory will recall the time that Derby's backroom staff chased him around Holland trying to get him to join - only for him to join Kilmarnock and then fall away into the abyss. 

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I've just noticed that the Groningen manager is a bloke called Danny Buijs. Now, those with a decent memory will recall the time that Derby's backroom staff chased him around Holland trying to get him to join - only for him to join Kilmarnock and then fall away into the abyss. 

I'm sure he had a couple of friendlies for us. Could play CM or RB IIRC. 

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I think after chasing him for ages and him even coming to PPS we turned hum down in the end? Proper weird. Oddly enough this transfer reminded me of him. Your revelation's just proof that I live in The Matrix and none of you are real.

Archived