Mike Te Wierik - Signed pre contract, joining in the summer

Kyle guest

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Donnyram said:

I’m actually sat on trap 1 at work just catching up with forum stuff and this actually made me LOL.  Not sure what traps 2 & 3 thought about the hysterical laughter (leading with the chin there a bit I know!)

I normally use my bottom

I used to play a game where one of the characters spoke gobbledygook and my friends and I were always a bit confused by it all. Since this Te Wierik stuff happened I've realised they were speaking Dutch!

Still not sure why, mind.

32 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Welcome to the club Mike! Good to get our summer transfer business started early. Only a 3 year contract too, same as with Knight and Whittaker - seems to be a deliberate shift by the club In not handing out such long term deals after the Anya mess.

You could also argue that Knight and Whittaker are on a low wage. I might even go as far and say he will also be on a low wage.

So surely if these guys really go on to being something special. We will lose them or have to pay top dollar to retain them in a couple of years.

So while I agree you don't give a top earner a long contract, I would be tying the younger lads down. If someone then comes in for them, let them pay top dollar.

36 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Welcome to the club Mike! Good to get our summer transfer business started early. Only a 3 year contract too, same as with Knight and Whittaker - seems to be a deliberate shift by the club In not handing out such long term deals after the Anya mess.

Not before time too!

Archived