Mike Te Wierik - Signed pre contract, joining in the summer

Kyle guest

22 minutes ago, cannable said:

I think after chasing him for ages and him even coming to PPS we turned hum down in the end? Proper weird. Oddly enough this transfer reminded me of him. Your revelation's just proof that I live in The Matrix and none of you are real.

Don't really remember him .  I remember us spending the summer of 97 chasing a bloke called Danny Griffin from St Johnstone and then it falling down in a similar fashion . I only recall this fella because I was in Spain at the time and had a St Johnstone fan droning on for weeks in the apartment block about what we were missing . Should have seen his face when I told him we'd signed Eranio from AC Milan instead so he could stick his Griffin up the proverbial .  

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I've just noticed that the Groningen manager is a bloke called Danny Buijs. Now, those with a decent memory will recall the time that Derby's backroom staff chased him around Holland trying to get him to join - only for him to join Kilmarnock and then fall away into the abyss. 

At least I wasn't the only one who remembered! ?

On 10/02/2020 at 19:08, Ambitious said:

I've just noticed that the Groningen manager is a bloke called Danny Buijs. Now, those with a decent memory will recall the time that Derby's backroom staff chased him around Holland trying to get him to join - only for him to join Kilmarnock and then fall away into the abyss. 

on 14 April 2010, English Football League Championship side Derby County announced they had agreed a deal to sign Buijs for the start of the 2010–11 season.[3] They pulled out of the deal, however, following the signing of Crewe Alexandra's John Brayford.[4]

Wiki

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Errr cool. But what does that mean?

He can tackle, no one dribbles past him, he can pass a ball but is pretty average at heading and doesn't throw himself in front of the ball. I mean, it's all relative as it doesn't tell you how many times a team has faced those things... so for example, he's 48th in blocked shots, but they could've faced the fewest shots in the league... so pinch of salt needed with the lot of it.

Archived