Mike Te Wierik - Signed pre contract, joining in the summer

Kyle guest

A position of need; a player (supposedly, according to journos - or their summaries on twitter) identified by Cocu; I assume rather than our [Muted By @DarkFruitsRam7]. Two strong positives.

Increases confidence the outlook is that Cocu gets the summer, too.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will join in the summer but won’t be able to play until the following season as he’ll do his ACL in the last game for Groningen ?

jeeeeez I’m becoming a doom monger like Millennium ...someone give me a slap!!! ?

ps like the look of this signing ??

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

''FC Groningen captain Mike te Wierik is in the concrete interest of the English Derby County. The club from the Championship of coach Phillip Cocu wants to take over Te Wierik immediately.''

Finally, something for the the majority of the fanbase to get concrete about. 

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Finally, something for the the majority of the fanbase to get concrete about. 

? I know it's likely not the best translation but ''Cocu wants to take over Te Wierik immediately'' is making me hopeful that we're trying to push through a move for now, rather than summer.

It's the hope that kills you 

28 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

German?

27 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

German is similar to Dutch I will give you that

Sorry guys, I’ve been dreaming of that German centre back for so long that I got mistaken. 

Hopefully Dutch is the new German! Van Dijk and all that.

52 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

What he says in this interview is following:

Derby made contact with Groningen already last week, in the first place they wanted him to come in the summer.

But now, Derby came back again this week (Monday or Tuesday) and now they what him to come immediately.

He wants to come to Derby and he has ambition to play outside the Netherlands in some other foreign league.

Nothing has been concluded at the time of that interview, but he's hoping two clubs will come to an agreement later today.

The main obstacle which stays in the way of concluding business is the fact that Groningen has an offer for his other first team centre-back, which they have on their books, so they are not overly enthusiastic to let both of them at the same time.

Archived