Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Agreed and it’s a good point. Sibley is our best attacking threat currently and teams have now switched on to this. He is a marked man all game now which is why he’s struggling to break through the lines and make an impact. 

would be great to see another attacking threat that gives teams something else to think about

Thats because currently we have whittaker and Knight on the wings and no offence to them they won't be scared of them having the ball. If jozwiak plays and lawrence who are both dangerous its a whole new ball game. Then you have got 3 players that need watching add to that a centre forward who can hold the ball up and pace and add bielik bombing on from deep and your in a position to not be able to man mark sibley as much. This frees him up and we will see the best sibley. Also hope he comes about 5 years deeper to get the ball and turn as this is when you get the amazing sibley not the sibley from saturday who was trying to play a Chris Martin role back to goal trying to create for others.

https://gol24.pl/lech-poznan-kamil-jozwiak-przechodzi-testy-medyczne-przed-transferem-do-Derby-county-wychowanek-kolejorza-podpisze-piecioletni/ar/c2-15179592

Kamil Jóźwiak flew to England on Monday afternoon and is due to undergo medical tests on Tuesday and sign a five-year contract with Derby County. The Championship club is expected to pay more than 4 million pounds (about 4.3-4.5 million euros) + bonuses for the player. This will be the third highest transfer from Lech in history.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes it drives me mad when we hammer crosses beyond the far post like we had Matt Smith. 

The drag back is the most dangerous ball in football because it rewards the late run whilst defenders head towards their own goal. 

Bryson used to thrive on them and I think Knight could do the same. 

Yes. Knight is the natural successor to Bryson. Hopefully once we get some wingers we can see Knight playing in his best position. 

Some good points made above I think. Sure, we still need a focal point striker but having an extra attacking threat makes more room for a Sibley, Lawrence etc. I remember how much better Wilson suddenly looked when Mount came back into the team after injury. If you can offer threat from multiple sources then just doubling players up on one player isn't going to keep us quiet. Of course you have to have those players making forward runs not just passing it to each other in our own half until the opposition has 11 men behind the ball again...

If we do indeed sign this guy I hope we let him of the leash and don't just have him playing football ping pong with his team mates miles from goal.

3 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Christ alive:

Marshall
Bryne  Te Wierik  Clarke  Forsyth
              Bird        Bielik
Jóźwiak      Sibley        Lawrence
                    Vydra

With Rooney as an option through the midfield or up top...a boy can dream ?

Vydra?

The Office Reaction GIF

Archived