Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, England Ram said:

I know you can make anyone look good with limited youtube clips, but the lad looks like he wants to attack, wants to take players on and has a bit of pace.......all 3 things we  lack at the moment so would be a great fit if it comes off.

Abdul camara was like that before be joined ?

12 minutes ago, England Ram said:

I know you can make anyone look good with limited youtube clips, but the lad looks like he wants to attack, wants to take players on and has a bit of pace.......all 3 things we  lack at the moment so would be a great fit if it comes off.

He will need good players around him who are quick enough and clever enough to keep up with him. 

At the moment we do a lot of sideways passing because Rooney isn't in the team. It was obvious last year that the back 4 and Bird would look for the pass to Rooney, who would in turn look for the forward pass/outlet (usually Bogle or Lawrence) to move the ball forward. Without Rooney, Bogle or Lawrence in the team now we look devoid of ideas of how to get the ball forward.

Bird could be that player if he starts to believe in his passing range a bit more and plays a little less safe, but we lack that killer pass at the moment. If/when Jozwiak comes in, I'd expect him to be our main outlet for Rooney to find, but I don't expect him to be as effective as his highlight reel until we have more of our key players back on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, roboto said:

At the moment we do a lot of sideways passing because Rooney isn't in the team. It was obvious last year that the back 4 and Bird would look for the pass to Rooney, who would in turn look for the forward pass/outlet (usually Bogle or Lawrence) to move the ball forward. Without Rooney, Bogle or Lawrence in the team now we look devoid of ideas of how to get the ball forward.

Bird could be that player if he starts to believe in his passing range a bit more and plays a little less safe, but we lack that killer pass at the moment. If/when Jozwiak comes in, I'd expect him to be our main outlet for Rooney to find, but I don't expect him to be as effective as his highlight reel until we have more of our key players back on the pitch.

I agree with you but would ask why we lack the confidence or desire to be bold? 

Are we training it out of players? 

We know how exciting the youth teams can be and delight that they are being integrated into the first team but I'd like to see that youthful exuberance. 

Included in that would be a willingness to run off the ball, demanding possession. Even if the pass doesn't come, defenders will be dragged out of position. 

If we can't be physical, let's be stylish! 

14 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I agree with you but would ask why we lack the confidence or desire to be bold? 

Are we training it out of players? 

We know how exciting the youth teams can be and delight that they are being integrated into the first team but I'd like to see that youthful exuberance. 

Included in that would be a willingness to run off the ball, demanding possession. Even if the pass doesn't come, defenders will be dragged out of position. 

If we can't be physical, let's be stylish! 

I guess we have a lack of creativity and movement in the attacking third at the moment. Marriott doesn't seem to show for the ball enough and doesn't run about as much as people thought he would when he joined. Knight has promise, but has shown his inexperience a lot recently. Sibley and Whittaker too. We need someone who has the confidence to be bold in attack and our best players in the current squad at doing that are Waghorn and Lawrence. Having these two back (plus some exciting forward signings) will hopefully relieve the pressure from our talented youngsters and allow them to continue to reach their potential.

We still need that killer pass from midfield to launch some attacks though, so can't wait for Rooney to be back and fully fit.

39 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I'm hoping he might bring out the best in Sibley. 

At present Sibley is given the ball and it's 'off you go son, good luck'. 

If he has someone else running at defenders he's more likely to find space. 

Agreed and it’s a good point. Sibley is our best attacking threat currently and teams have now switched on to this. He is a marked man all game now which is why he’s struggling to break through the lines and make an impact. 

would be great to see another attacking threat that gives teams something else to think about

30 minutes ago, roboto said:

If you watched the Man City . DCFC U 23's from Saturday - we were 3-1 down with about 4 mins to go. We got back into it by the full back overlapping and putting some killer (low) crosses into their box which we scored from. Whenever the first team crosses they seem to think we have 10 foot tall forwards - and they sail over everyone's heads. It's quite simple and all comes down to keeping your head in these times. As you said we seem to take the easy paths ATM rather than going for it. In "going for it" it puts the opposition on the back foot and is thus difficult to combat.

1 minute ago, Terry Hennessy said:

If you watched the Man City . DCFC U 23's from Saturday - we were 3-1 down with about 4 mins to go. We got back into it by the full back overlapping and putting some killer (low) crosses into their box which we scored from. Whenever the first team crosses they seem to think we have 10 foot tall forwards - and they sail over everyone's heads. It's quite simple and all comes down to keeping your head in these times. As you said we seem to take the easy paths ATM rather than going for it. In "going for it" it puts the opposition on the back foot and is thus difficult to combat.

Yes it drives me mad when we hammer crosses beyond the far post like we had Matt Smith. 

The drag back is the most dangerous ball in football because it rewards the late run whilst defenders head towards their own goal. 

Bryson used to thrive on them and I think Knight could do the same. 

9 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Was the Forest committee getting jitters about him coming here (Wikipedia has it wrong).

I don't remember him doing that much at United though which is where he went instead.

Just looked it up: injury ended his career at United.

I don't know why he did what he did.  I used to see him almost every week at the old Nottingham greyhound stadium.  He seemed a nice enough guy and I was really surprised he turned us down even after he was paraded around the BBG with Cloughie before a game.  He made a really bad choice going to Utd.  He got injured not long after joining them and never played again.   

Just now, oldtimeram said:

I don't know why he did what he did.  I used to see him almost every week at the old Nottingham greyhound stadium.  He seemed a nice enough guy and I was really surprised he turned us down even after he was paraded around the BBG with Cloughie before a game.  He made a really bad choice going to Utd.  He got injured not long after joining them and never played again.   

All the articles I've seen suggest that it was the Forest committee that pulled the plug on the move, not wanting to lose their star player to their all conquering rivals down the road. The first time I've ever read that it was his decision was on Wikipedia when I looked up his United stats.

Of course though, I do not know which is the truth.

He looks great, and looks like he'll really compliment Sibley. Sibley looks lost when Martin isn't on the pitch, but I think having Kamil buzzing around will really suit him. 

We need to back this up by signing a striker, though. There's no point having someone who will create lots of changes if there's no one to get on the end of them. 

I think Marriott will come good, but I just don't think he's the 46 games a season kind of striker. He looked absolutely knackered and a bit out of shape on Saturday. 

Archived