v Northampton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

12 hours ago, Andicis said:

Yeah because beating the likes of Man City, Liverpool etc is a much more simple task than a run of games vs shitty Championship opposition.

But we don’t have to beat man city or Liverpool, we could easily get to the final without facing either of Them. And the rest of the premiershite is beatable by anyone.....even a second rate championship team...

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

But we don’t have to beat man city or Liverpool, we could easily get to the final without facing either of Them. And the rest of the premiershite is beatable by anyone.....even a second rate championship team...

And we could have to face two of them. IF we get further in the competition, it's highly likely that we would face at least one top side. 

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whilst I see what is being said I don't really to what end with these players as won't they all change next season? So we're just seeing out time and trying not to get relegated? Nope don't see where it's going.

Fair point indeed

agree with that 

so basically we’re treading water in no mans land ... at best lol

brillaint, well that’s cheered me up no end lol 

58 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Fair point indeed

agree with that 

so basically we’re treading water in no mans land ... at best lol

brillaint, well that’s cheered me up no end lol 

Ooopsss. 

Well you know one thing to keep in mind is that Cocu says he hates losing, so hopefully all our 'solidity' can take us up the table this season, kinda like some say Billy D did? ? #COYR

16 hours ago, angieram said:

Darren England reffed us against Cardiff in September and had a stinker then, too. Turned down a very strong penalty appeal and generally gave everything the other way.

Their penalty was ridiculous also. The striker hand balled it then threw himself to the floor.

I'm not sure how any ref can miss the foul on Friday. It would have been a foul and a red in rugby, never mind football. 

In the prediction thread the average rating for this game so far is 5. To me a five is bang on average. How have our standards fallen so low? We play a 2 leagues lower side. Only mange a draw and do not register a single shot on target. That is not average that is pathetic. Worth a three at best only because we didn't concede.

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

do not register a single shot on target

I keep seeing this, so obviously the stats don't count Martin's shot that was on target but blocked as on target? Does that mean if someone clears one off the line it doesn't count as a shot on target? 

I'm not trying to stick up for the performance but shots on target can be misleading (yes I know it needs to be target to score). You can hit the post or crossbar and it isn't on target, but then you could have a 40 yard shot that is more like a pass back and be counted as a shot on target. Which was the better effort, the shot that hits the post or the one that rolls to the keeper? Again not defending the performance, just annoys me when someone says we didn't have a shot on target and say we must have played poor (we did on Friday and not having a dig at you Findern). 

Marriott also had a shot from the edge of the area (or just inside?) blocked early in the 2nd half, which would almost certainly have needed saving had the defender not been there.

The ball hit the defender and went through his legs before hitting his arm as he fall backwards. In a VAR game that may even have been enough (rightly or wrongly) to get us a penalty.

went to the game friday , it was exactly what i was expecting , big tough , direct opposition , good home support, but i thought we stood up to it well , not a lot of creation but northampton nullified our forward momentum well , in my opinion we missed the forward running of lawrence and holmes , rooney needs to play just behind the front 2 this will help with creation , the replay will be just as tough , big shout out to wiz and knight who i thought were our best players

Archived