EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/02/2020 at 19:19, Pearl Ram said:

No, they’re waiting to see how many points we end up with before they can work out how many to dock us to either put us in the bottom three at worst or below Boro at best. 

There will be no points deduction this season, you can be sure of that. 

The deadline for applying a points deduction is March 31. Even if a points deduction were issued before that date, then Derby would be guaranteed to appeal. 

The reason: the problem is not the points deduction, but the impact it would have on our finances for the current reporting period, and next season. Taking 20m out of our accounts impacts us over a 3 year period of FFP and would totally screw us, much more than a points deduction would. It would mean sales and no signings for two or three windows. 

And that's why this will drag on to next season. 

Best just to forget about it for now. 

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

There will be no points deduction this season, you can be sure of that. 

The deadline for applying a points deduction is March 31. Even if a points deduction were issued before that date, then Derby would be guaranteed to appeal. 

The reason: the problem is not the points deduction, but the impact it would have on our finances for the current reporting period, and next season. Taking 20m out of our accounts impacts us over a 3 year period of FFP and would totally screw us, much more than a points deduction would. It would mean sales and no signings for two or three windows. 

And that's why this will drag on to next season. 

Best just to forget about it for now. 

I heard deadline is the 4th Thursday of March (26th this year). 

steve bloomer
2 hours ago, Needlesh said:

What else are you going to do with the Saturday afternoons?

I don't know. Spend it with my woman potentially.

6 hours ago, steve bloomer said:

Nothing yet in regards to the EFL charge. I even emailed the club myself on Monday and they haven't replied about it. I decided not to renew my season card until I know the outcome.

Yep, can’t believe the club who haven’t made an official statement in months to any form of media because there’s absolutely nothing to say right now haven’t responded specifically to you. Should be giving you a personal written statement for your concerns.

Birmingham Charge has been dismissed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51773298

Birmingham City have avoided a second points deduction in two seasons after an independent disciplinary commission dismissed an EFL misconduct charge.

The charge, which was in relation to an alleged breach of an agreed business plan, was brought against the Championship club in January.

The EFL said in a statement the decision is "subject to an appeal".

Birmingham were deducted nine points last season for breaking profitability and sustainability rules.

The club, who had denied the charge, said they "welcome the decision of the disciplinary commission and we have worked closely and amicably with the EFL on this matter since we were charged in May".

Blues were deducted nine points in March 2019 after incurring losses of nearly £48.8m between 2015 and 2018, almost £10m more than the accepted adjusted losses of £39m over a three-year period.

Birmingham, who are 15th in the Championship, host Reading on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Beetle said:

Birmingham Charge has been dismissed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51773298

Birmingham City have avoided a second points deduction in two seasons after an independent disciplinary commission dismissed an EFL misconduct charge.

The charge, which was in relation to an alleged breach of an agreed business plan, was brought against the Championship club in January.

The EFL said in a statement the decision is "subject to an appeal".

Birmingham were deducted nine points last season for breaking profitability and sustainability rules.

The club, who had denied the charge, said they "welcome the decision of the disciplinary commission and we have worked closely and amicably with the EFL on this matter since we were charged in May".

Blues were deducted nine points in March 2019 after incurring losses of nearly £48.8m between 2015 and 2018, almost £10m more than the accepted adjusted losses of £39m over a three-year period.

Birmingham, who are 15th in the Championship, host Reading on Saturday.

The EFL are full of hate aren't they

steve bloomer
1 hour ago, sage said:

Is she Championship or League One? ?

Neither. She don't like football anyway.

Archived