EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/02/2020 at 23:27, B4ev6is said:

If it means going efl head office we go in our thousands and let them know that we as supporters we are not taking this laying down.

Leeds would have taken more. 

On 05/03/2020 at 18:01, therealhantsram said:

There will be no points deduction this season, you can be sure of that. 

The deadline for applying a points deduction is March 31. Even if a points deduction were issued before that date, then Derby would be guaranteed to appeal. 

The reason: the problem is not the points deduction, but the impact it would have on our finances for the current reporting period, and next season. Taking 20m out of our accounts impacts us over a 3 year period of FFP and would totally screw us, much more than a points deduction would. It would mean sales and no signings for two or three windows. 

And that's why this will drag on to next season. 

Best just to forget about it for now. 

That’s interesting to know 

when did brum receive their deduction last year ? Genuine don’t know 

steve bloomer
19 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

Derby taveners league? Bet she likes a drink

She's much obliged to a gin or prosecco.

7 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

If this season is declared null and void, then the incoming points deduction would surely start from the beginning of next season. 
This would be the worst possible news. 

We’d probably launch a legal attempt to overturn it. 

You would also have to factor in the loss of revenue for clubs across the country meaning many could fall foul of FFP this season giving the EFL a big headache and having to offer some form of mitigation or scrapping FFP for the outbreak timeframe.

The EFL would really be under the cosh and it wouldn’t surprise me if some clubs who’ve missed out on places get upity........Steve Gibson I’m looking at you!

Makes me wonder if they would have the time or the desire to go to court with us when the poo is hitting the fan

On 16/01/2020 at 17:12, Gritty said:

But maybe stadium value regarded as inflated (given every other club sold their stadium for a lot less?)

The cost to increase Craven Cottage to 29,000 was quoted this week at 80 million, if correct it makes our valuation seem ok.

On 14/03/2020 at 14:42, Ramarena said:

We’d probably launch a legal attempt to overturn it. 

You would also have to factor in the loss of revenue for clubs across the country meaning many could fall foul of FFP this season giving the EFL a big headache and having to offer some form of mitigation or scrapping FFP for the outbreak timeframe.

The EFL would really be under the cosh and it wouldn’t surprise me if some clubs who’ve missed out on places get upity........Steve Gibson I’m looking at you!

Makes me wonder if they would have the time or the desire to go to court with us when the poo is hitting the fan

Not just fall foul of FFP - a lot of EFL clubs very existence will be at risk if they miss out on too much revenue - especially in L1 and L2. I expect the EFL to do nothing to help any of them though 

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Not just fall foul of FFP - a lot of EFL clubs very existence will be at risk if they miss out on too much revenue - especially in L1 and L2. I expect the EFL to do nothing to help any of them though 

It's biting at Barnet already. (Who are non leagure, but others will follow)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/17/barnet-lay-off-all-non-playing-staff-coronavirus-national-league

44 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

It's biting at Barnet already. (Who are non leagure, but others will follow)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/17/barnet-lay-off-all-non-playing-staff-coronavirus-national-league

On the BBC it says that the clubs in League 1 and 2 have told the EFL they face a combined loss in revenue of £50mill if the season isn't completed. May not sound a lot spread over almost 50 clubs, but it could be catastrophic for a lot of them. The EFL is currently "collecting data" and will advise if they can do anything to help in due time - probably just give them all points deductions and fines to help them stay afloat.

Archived