EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

1 hour ago, Footymum2017 said:

I think the academy became Cat 1 in 2014, MM didn’t buy the club outright until September 2015. Although he had put some investment in the club in 2014, I don’t think he can be credited with them being upgraded to Cat 1.

I think as well as the investment into the club in 2014, I'm pretty sure he financed the academy upgrade and pushed for Cat 1 status with his own money.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

Annoyed that this has basically meant our January window has been put on ice. 

That's two windows for cocu now and he's not had a good crack at either. 

This and the investment. Almost makes you wonder if a conversation with Gibson didn't occur along the lines of.

So Steve, honestly we don't think we have a case for punishing Derby considering we signed it off. However in view of your threatened legal action what we will do is charge them even though we will likely lose, but we will do it at a time that is going to impact them the most. 

28 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

This and the investment. Almost makes you wonder if a conversation with Gibson didn't occur along the lines of.

So Steve, honestly we don't think we have a case for punishing Derby considering we signed it off. However in view of your threatened legal action what we will do is charge them even though we will likely lose, but we will do it at a time that is going to impact them the most. 

Pretty much what I said several pages ago!

6 hours ago, Footymum2017 said:

I think the academy became Cat 1 in 2014, MM didn’t buy the club outright until September 2015. Although he had put some investment in the club in 2014, I don’t think he can be credited with them being upgraded to Cat 1.

Trust me he can he paid for all the upgrates at the training ground that allowed the step up.

11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

According to who? Certainly not the independent valuer and whoever at the EFL signed off on our P&S submissions. Shame on Mel for being naive enough to believe the EFL Executive signing off on out submissions wouldn't result in the EFL charging us for those approved reports.

As a added thought i just wonder if the EFL also did a valuation as this would be common practice if they were going to sign it off would of been away of ensuring it was correct before signing it off.

1 hour ago, Poynton ram said:

Slightly perplexed why only Mel is getting all this grief. He has a Board of directors who I would expect to offer suitable challenge where appropriate. Surely these individuals should be accountable if indeed anybody needs to be accountable which I very much doubt.

I think from what people have told me that know some of the other directors, he doesn’t really like to take any advice from them and makes his own decisions

10 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

15 hours ago, Rams-in-Spain said:

Yea MM is a miracle worker, he's even managed  to double the value of the ground since he's been here ?

Incorrect he didnt value it himself .other people do that.and his guys were not the only ones to value it as that.

3 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

I think from what people have told me that know some of the other directors, he doesn’t really like to take any advice from them and makes his own decisions

Thats because all the other directors are non business people and have no understanding of the finances

4 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

Thats because all the other directors are non business people and have no understanding of the finances

That has only been true since the end of last year. Before that the board of directors included David Williams - "a highly experienced lawyer and business adviser" and one of the most successful businessman in the history of Derbyshire - John Kirkland.

I imagine Mel takes the council of his board of directors when required and then uses their input to make his decisions. It doesn't mean he has to follow everything his directors say though - ultimately Mel is the MD and he makes the final decision.

Archived