EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, curb said:

It surprised me TBH, but MM became a director in May 2014 and we got cat 1 status in June 2014 according to my research (Wikipedia).

Yep correct and for months before that he was in constant contact with the FA sorting what needed to be done to gain cat 1.i agree we had gone for it before but we didnt meet the requirements and when mel found out what they were he paid himself for the work to be carryed out to achieve it.

8 minutes ago, GenBr said:

That has only been true since the end of last year. Before that the board of directors included David Williams - "a highly experienced lawyer and business adviser" and one of the most successful businessman in the history of Derbyshire - John Kirkland.

I imagine Mel takes the council of his board of directors when required and then uses their input to make his decisions. It doesn't mean he has to follow everything his directors say though - ultimately Mel is the MD and he makes the final decision.

Yep your correct mate i got it wrong

10 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

Yep correct and for months before that he was in constant contact with the FA sorting what needed to be done to gain cat 1.i agree we had gone for it before but we didnt meet the requirements and when mel found out what they were he paid himself for the work to be carryed out to achieve it.

The facilities needed were already pretty much there.  The main differences to go from Cat 2 to 1 are the amount of staff and types of staff that are required.

Just now, Ramslaar said:

The facility were quite away off and mel was the one that stumped up the cash.

What was missing from the facilities? From what I saw he put a lot of money into the Academy once they had got Cat 1 status not so much before they got it. I may be wrong but just going on what I saw when I was there.

5 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

What was missing from the facilities? From what I saw he put a lot of money into the Academy once they had got Cat 1 status not so much before they got it. I may be wrong but just going on what I saw when I was there.

Well i understand thats your understanding but you may not have understood what was going on behind the scenes.he was the sole reason we got it as he was the one that signed off what needed to be done and paid for it and sometime before he took sole ownership

2 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

Well i understand thats your understanding but you may not have understood what was going on behind the scenes.he was the sole reason we got it as he was the one that signed off what needed to be done and paid for it and sometime before he took sole ownership

You might not have understood what she understood what you understood was her understanding of what was going on behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, bigbadbob said:

Can you remember when the breakfast club was?

When I was part of the group who went to Moor Farm, it was days after Clement took over.

I'd guess the breakfast club was at the beginning of the season after?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

When we were declared a Cat 2 academy, I seem to recall academy spend being about £1.5m. We have since stepped up to roughly £6m per year. 

What in gods name could be costing that much.  Make em train on the old Raynesway site in the rain and hose them down with cold water . Toughen em up.  They can clear the dog poo and glass off the pitch while there at it and wash Rooneys jockstrap for £40 a week like the old day's.

Archived