EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

Just now, Archied said:

So you wouldn’t just accept that the club and mel were spending as much as they possibly could without going on and on about how we have just not done enough in the transfer market to compete in the season ahead or replace the talented loans we have lost??

We spent 7m on Bielik last summer. You don’t think we could have better invested that money to replace the players we lost? We didn’t seem to have a particularly tight budget to be able to afford that.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Curtains said:

It’s to be expected by Leeds and Forest fans so that doesn’t really bother me, it’s the reaction from fans of other clubs that makes me frustrated, we used to be everyone’s ‘2nd team’ in the championship when we were playing great football under McClaren, now people can’t stand us or are laughing at us, whether that be for ffp reasons and us trying to ‘buy’ promotion, snowgate, drink driving gate, spying with drones, sacking managers for fun, the selling of the stadium, Sam Rush saga, the Derby way comments and many other reasons which I can’t be arsed to type out. I know some couldn’t care about that and rather have this I’d rather everyone hates us mentality, but I preferred it more when we were people’s second team 

25 minutes ago, JfR said:

Which is weird, because wouldn't that still put us within the FFP limits for the 3 year period covered?

If we had a loss over that period of £8m with the £80m stadium sale, wouldn't that only put the loss at £38m and still within the three year allowed losses of £39m even with the lower value?

In all honesty,I haven’t got a clue what’s going on.

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm genuinely ot bothered to be honest. We're in the business of beating other teams at football not being liked by them.

That’s fair, but I’m talking more about fans of premier league clubs, you seen the comments some of the fans of other clubs in the premier league ? They seem to be celebrating that this has happened to us. I preferred it more when were liked and respected like under McClaren when we didn’t have any of this off the field nonsense 

2 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Maybe because it’s better to be liked then hated? Don’t know what’s so surprising about that

As an individual yes absolutely.

What Leeds or Forest think about us is just not important enough to lose even a seconds sleep over. The more games that have a bit of spice to them the better. If fans of Bristol City or Swansea or whoever want to work themselves up about Derby then more fool them.

This is going to get very interesting, EFL sanction sale now change of heart, they win disciplinary ,MM will then appeal has we have documentation,MM wins what happens to EFL , is this the beginning of the end for the EFL as we know it.

Break away PL2 ?

Who is the disciplinary panel EFL?

All in all a bad season just got worse, I think the signing of Rooney may have not helped with EFL

19 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

It doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things but it upset me looking at the sky sports comments how non Derby fans are glad this has happened to us, I’m not just talking about Leeds or forest fans either, even those who have completely no affiliation or rivalry with us are celebrating this and glad it’s happened to us.

I know a lot of you probably don’t care about this but it’s a bit upsetting to see the reaction to our club the last few years and how people are starting to really dislike us.
In 2014 after the play off final, many non Derby fans said to me they were gutted for Derby because they wanted us to win as we played football in the right way without spending much money. I gathered it was a similar reaction on the internet back then. We were like everyone’s second favourite team like Sheffield United now are because they’ve been a breath of fresh air in the premier league without spending much.

It doesn’t really matter but it’s a much better feeling when we are respected and liked by everyone else , makes me proud to say I’m a Derby fan. All the events over the last few years has made me feel a bit ashamed.

I’m Derby and can tell you I have no interest whatsoever in being anybody’s second team 

9 minutes ago, R@M said:

I know, and agree with everything you say, but you are missing one very important point....everything they do within whatever hearing played out, will be as per interpretations of the ‘contract’. If either side is unhappy with the outcome and perceives the other sides actions and interpretation of the contract as incorrect, they then have grounds to take civil action. That is why lawyers will be heavily involved. 

Also, as already stated, almost all football clubs have separate holding companies for the stadiums under ‘interested party’ ownership. 

Know what you are saying. Problem is that the club used the arrangement to do a transaction purely designed to dodge FFP. If any of those clubs have or do it they should be treated as DCFC are being treated now. 

It is also a bit daft that the club posted an entry on Companies House on the day of the transaction deleting Mel as 'a person of significant control' of DCFC Ltd. Who can say he is not. That does not look clever.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So who are the cheap signings that you would have made before the news broke?

I don’t know, I’m not a professional scout. All I’m saying is there’s evidence from other clubs business that they’re out there. I’ve said before my strategy would be to look at the big club academy cast offs. Players who haven’t quite made it at the top but could still make it at this level, and at their age wouldn’t demand huge wages. Preston have done well with players like Ben Pearson and Ryan Ledson that we’re of this ilk. It’s a much better strategy than whatever our current approach is imo. FWIW Bielik looked like a positive step in that direction, but his fee was quite large tbf.

Archived