The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Yes, I’ve always thought if he were an ice cream he’d lick himself but when someone claims you were watching a different interview to them and Johnson is playing a blinder when I thought Cooper left him like a gibbering nincompoop, to find someone who thinks along the same lines as I did on this occasion, I’m quoting him.

I’d also like to be a pound behind him, he ain’t doing too bad financially for a dick.

It’s easy to criticise when you are the failed opposition. 

Cooper married to Ed Balls the same Cooper that wanted to thwart Brexit. .

That was a total failure on her part right. 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It’s easy to criticise when you are the failed opposition. 

Cooper married to Ed Balls the same Cooper that wanted to thwart Brexit. .

That was a total failure on her part right. 

Curtains, if you stop to weigh it up you might just see that the Cummings saga is not political. Many Tory MPs and many more Tory voters think he should go. 

In fact, it looks like the only people making political points are the ones who blindly support Cummings actions and Johnsons support of him.

7 hours ago, Archied said:

Strangely I trust them more than Cummings, boris and his integrity for sale cabinet

To be honest, I dont think any side has had a good show. Media begin with over-reporting the fatality rate (4% here, 7% in Italy!) knowing full well the lack of testing was massively skewing the numbers, then the nonsense about panic buying despite the fact that supermarkets were largely coping. It was the most irresponsible kind of sensationalist reporting & most newspapers indulged. The lack of scrutiny of the Government, particularly on testing, excess deaths and the care home scandal has also highlighted the current weakness of serious journalistic standards and profile.

But I agree this Government is bad. Not just weak or not ideal but downright appalling & the worst I can remember in my lifetime. Johnson & his merry band may well believe they can bluster away but in 4.5 years time, people will still remember not being able to see their loved ones pass away & not being able to go to their funerals whilst friends of the PM could do what they liked. This vile lot have sealed their own fate.

11 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:
12 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:
15 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

I wonder how much pressure was put on the Beeb by Cummings, to get them to release this statement. The country is becoming more Orwellian by the day

Hope you don’t mind me fixing it for you. ?

Fair enough.

Downing Street - Cummings, no difference.

7 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Curtains, if you stop to weigh it up you might just see that the Cummings saga is not political. Many Tory MPs and many more Tory voters think he should go. 

In fact, it looks like the only people making political points are the ones who blindly support Cummings actions and Johnsons support of him.

30 Tory MPs.   How many have they got. 

PS The BBC is off limits for me most of the time it’s a waste of space in my eyes. 

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

40 now init?

Could be so still the minority.

Look if he has to resign it wouldn’t bother me.  

I think it might be better for him and Boris if he did. 

I do not watch the news much these days but  just look at the bulletins on the News apps mostly. 

I do watch the briefings.

I absolutely think Coronavirus has been disastrous  and horrendous and heart breaking .

To be honest it upsets me and I can’t wait for normal life to resume  

21 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Just a coincidence that a lot of them happen to be remoaners I suppose...

9 minutes ago, maxjam said:

There seems to be a consensus from all persuasions that he went against the very guidelines he set. 

Brexit is done so why would it matter if an advisor who quite clearly put others at risk has to step down?

5 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Who was it who said that Thatcher being attacked by Geoffrey Howe was like being "savaged by a dead sheep"?

I wonder what the new millennium version wod be for an Yvette Cooper roasting?

Like being "nibbled by a slightly irate Guinea-pig"? ?

Cooper had him over a barrel?

34 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

There seems to be a consensus from all persuasions that he went against the very guidelines he set. 

Brexit is done so why would it matter if an advisor who quite clearly put others at risk has to step down?

To undermine our negotiations?

Because its motivated by revenge and they want their pound of flesh?

Who knows, maybe they just all feel strongly that he broke the rules and the fact that most if them were remainers is just pure coincidence. 

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Enemies of the state. Traitors. Saboteurs. 

That was the sort of thing they were called right? By newspapers that now  support what they are saying on Cummings.

I keep mentioning it but prominent  Brexiteer Steve Baker has called for Cummings to go. And said he went too far during Brexit campaign: mentioned the bus, the Turkey leaflets, prorouging parliament.

There are 18 names on that last too. Isn't it about 44 MPs saying he should go? Are they part of the #mediawitchhunt too. Or do they think supporting blatant lies is perhaps not a good look?

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

To undermine our negotiations?

Because its motivated by revenge and they want their pound of flesh?

Who knows, maybe they just all feel strongly that he broke the rules and the fact that most if them were remainers is just pure coincidence. 

18/40ish equals most??

15 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

18/40ish equals most??

Didn't count tbh, but thats still about 50% with an axe to grind.

People keep mentioning the Daily Mail as evidence that the tide has turned against Boris, but didn't they appoint a pro-remain editor?  Life is full of happy coincidences isn't it ?

The majority of the media have got a massive axe to grind re. Brexit and Dominic Cummings in particular, I imagine the sphere you move in may determine how big of an issue this is to you.  The only way we'd know for sure is if there was an election tomorrow - but thats years away and it will be long forgotten by then.

Archived