The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Needlesh said:

What a ducking non-story this Cummings thing is.

Bloke drives car. Whoopie-do.

It's become a story because he's a ********* and people are queuing up to even scores.

The self-righteous froth some of the pearl clutchers are gob-spoffing about it is laughable.

Cummings has proven to all that he thinks he is above the rules he helped to write. Incompetent governance has insured it's not a non-story IMO and I don't think it's just going to disappear. May be wrong though. We'll have to wait and see.

20 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Cummings has proven to all that he thinks he is above the rules he helped to write. Incompetent governance has insured it's not a non-story IMO and I don't think it's just going to disappear. May be wrong though. We'll have to wait and see.

I didn't say it would disappear, but it is a feeding frenzy of score settling which has grown beyond all relation to the 'crime'.

28 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

I didn't say it would disappear, but it is a feeding frenzy of score settling which has grown beyond all relation to the 'crime'.

Well there's a lot of people feel they have a score to settle - you know, all the people who did follow the guidelines?!

1 hour ago, Needlesh said:

I don't disagree with this however my parents brought me up with 'treat people as you would like to be treated yourself'. Cummings appears not to have had a similar upbringing and appears, as you say, to have many enemies. He should therefore have had more common-sense than to do what he did and act the way he has since it 'came out' IMO.

Funny that I've seen a lot of people try and spin this as anti-brexiteers wanting to punish Cummings for Brexit

Yet if you look at the opinion polls - there is a far larger percentage of people polling that he did wrong/should resign than ever voted Brexit

Even on here, those who were broadly in support of Brexit seem to think it's indefensible

Even Piers Morgan and the Daily Mail are against him

If you ignore the (valid) "criticisms of the media angle", and just look at the bare bones of what he did, it's not even a party political issue. It's about whether those with power should be allowed to get away with doing things that they are expecting those without power to do

Red or blue, remain or leave - the issue stays the same and is judged at a personal level, not political

12 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I wish I had waited a few minutes to read this before making a long post!

Ha, we need more of us asking questions!

Some excellent questions raised and with few answers from Cummings and those on here who are seemingly ‘bored of it’ like a petulant child. Interesting though that is seemingly the take they are going for this morning, that we are now bored of the question whether he should resign, be fined or whatever which conveniently misses point. It’s not a question of punishment it’s whether he’s trying to deceive the public.

Kinda looking forward to what happens next, whether any other politicians get caught out or more details come out about Cummings himself up in Durham.

2 hours ago, Needlesh said:

The problem with blaming the media is that if they are not like a dog with a bone these people just lie , deny and ignore , he and gov have held back as much as they can to see what they have no choice but to admit to, perhaps if the supposed hounded acted with decency and honesty then we could force/ expect the hounds to do the same

50 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Funny that I've seen a lot of people try and spin this as anti-brexiteers wanting to punish Cummings for Brexit

Yet if you look at the opinion polls - there is a far larger percentage of people polling that he did wrong/should resign than ever voted Brexit

Even on here, those who were broadly in support of Brexit seem to think it's indefensible

Even Piers Morgan and the Daily Mail are against him

If you ignore the (valid) "criticisms of the media angle", and just look at the bare bones of what he did, it's not even a party political issue. It's about whether those with power should be allowed to get away with doing things that they are expecting those without power to do

Red or blue, remain or leave - the issue stays the same and is judged at a personal level, not political

I don’t fully agree I think this issue transcends personal emotions. It is in my view some kind of spiritual intervention, karma if you like. Someone, somewhere, is stirring the pot of meta-ethics, normative ethics and applied ethics, and produced a brilliant example of how Good might overcome pure Evil. Cummings is the spawn of the Devil and he must die (or at least resign).

jesus bless GIF by funk

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

??‍♂️   That’s me, I’ve been waiting for him to get his comeuppance for his part in the bus escapade. I can imagine him sitting at home thinking how clever he was deceiving the gullible/disinterested and I make no apologies for enjoying seeing him under the cosh, not that I think it’ll bother him personally such is the arrogance of the man.

A vote of no confidence in Johnson wouldn’t go amiss for me either, that would put his gas at a peep as my granny would say.

15 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

A vote of no confidence in Johnson wouldn’t go amiss for me either, that would put his gas at a peep as my granny would say.

How would a vote of no confidence come about, Are you thinking a Vote from his own party or a an act of suicide from his back benches colluding with the opposition.

1. A long drawn out process by his own MPs and to be replaced by??????? Gove?

2. Or the ancient art of Hari Kari where there's a good chance the Red Wall that crumbled under Corbyn, Could be re built under Starmer.

We're seeing the truth about Polititians...Looking after number 1.

36 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

??‍♂️   That’s me, I’ve been waiting for him to get his comeuppance for his part in the bus escapade. I can imagine him sitting at home thinking how clever he was deceiving the gullible/disinterested and I make no apologies for enjoying seeing him under the cosh, not that I think it’ll bother him personally such is the arrogance of the man.

Glad you stick up for people mate 

Archived