The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Johnson really can't win. If he refuses to fire him in the midst of all this criticism, even from his own MPs, he looks weak. If he does back down and sack him due to the pressure from the media, he looks weak. 

It's brilliant. 

Yep it’s like when you try to stop digging but realise Cummings has put super glue on the handle of the shovel 

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

The media discredit themselves by their actions. If they had any journalistic standards people might actually still trust them.

Strangely I trust them more than Cummings, boris and his integrity for sale cabinet

5 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Funny that I've seen a lot of people try and spin this as anti-brexiteers wanting to punish Cummings for Brexit

Yet if you look at the opinion polls - there is a far larger percentage of people polling that he did wrong/should resign than ever voted Brexit

Even on here, those who were broadly in support of Brexit seem to think it's indefensible

Even Piers Morgan and the Daily Mail are against him

If you ignore the (valid) "criticisms of the media angle", and just look at the bare bones of what he did, it's not even a party political issue. It's about whether those with power should be allowed to get away with doing things that they are expecting those without power to do

Red or blue, remain or leave - the issue stays the same and is judged at a personal level, not political

Unbenanntxx.JPG.557104a93696053ee47b39edddd571df.JPG

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Johnson “I think it’s time we moved on” Yes Boris I bet you do, he’s lost he plot and any credibility he had in my opinion.

Lol, just got roasted by Yvette Cooper. ?

Who was it who said that Thatcher being attacked by Geoffrey Howe was like being "savaged by a dead sheep"?

I wonder what the new millennium version wod be for an Yvette Cooper roasting?

Like being "nibbled by a slightly irate Guinea-pig"? ?

7 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Who was it who said that Thatcher being attacked by Geoffrey Howe was like being "savaged by a dead sheep"?

I wonder what the new millennium version wod be for an Yvette Cooper roasting?

Like being "nibbled by a slightly irate Guinea-pig"? ?

Come on down...Dennis Healey.

17 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

How's this going on? I presume he's sorted all the evidence by now. Not heard owt so just curious

After a careful examination of the statement i conclude it is written by an egocentric shameless, near or total sociopath, who when in doubt points to others, not least his own team.  Accusations made are always broad and general and serve to deflect from the issue at hand, their credibility. 

The funniest part as well as the most unbelievable was this "we clearly underestimated both the interest in the story
and the requirements of the news cycle."

Suffice to say, i wouldn't buy a used car from these people

12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

2021 (ish).

I just think it is right male fans wait a whole year before we go again and like out markets are allowed to open again they can atttact thounsands of people how is it any different.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I just think it is right male fans wait a whole year before we go again and like out markets are allowed to open again they can atttact thounsands of people how is it any different.

Men are more at risk, probably best leave it to the women for now.

Archived