The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

So in the last couple of pages of this thread it’s been mentioned that it’s  ok to target his house because he is vile, his appearance is that of a gimp, that he is a vile arrogant and emotionless person, that no matter what he says or evidence he provides it is a lie lie lie. That for being nervous whilst undergoing a very difficult live press conference this somehow makes him a bad person.

And that if other fellow Derby county fans dare question any of the above statements, dare to wait to hear both sides of the story, dare to even take time to give ourselves a chance to fully investigate the situation before passing judgement that we are then somehow the inexcusable and embarrassing human beings that should get a grip!

It’s all rather backwards and no wonder that political debate is now so widely avoided. 

I'll go one better - he looks like the offspring of that old fart who used to read out the newspaper misprints on 'That's Life'

This is trial by media and mob rule. He is not a terrorist, murderer or pedophile, he simply drove to an isolated house to ensure his family were safe and could recover.

No matter if he has done right or wrong, by the law of lockdown, the only person he is answerable to is his boss, i.e. Boris Johnson. He is not an elected MP, therefore not answerable to Parliament.

And the only thing the police can do is fine him £60, if they believe he has broken the lockdown laws. 

And finally, if I thought my wife, children, or grandchildren were in any danger for their health and safety, I would break every law in the country to protect them.

10 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

So in the last couple of pages of this thread it’s been mentioned that it’s  ok to target his house because he is vile, his appearance is that of a gimp, that he is a vile arrogant and emotionless person, that no matter what he says or evidence he provides it is a lie lie lie. That for being nervous whilst undergoing a very difficult live press conference this somehow makes him a bad person.

And that if other fellow Derby county fans dare question any of the above statements, dare to wait to hear both sides of the story, dare to even take time to give ourselves a chance to fully investigate the situation before passing judgement that we are then somehow the inexcusable and embarrassing human beings that should get a grip!

It’s all rather backwards and no wonder that political debate is now so widely avoided. 

The person who outlined the policy is the person who decided that it applies to you and me, but it doesn't apply to him.

Didn’t see all of the broadcast I must admit, as I was enjoying a late afternoon stretch in the house with a couple of women who advertise in my nearest phone box. (For the record neither looked like their picture, and were actually quite large, but they had made an effort which, given the current retail restrictions on the purchase of non-essential products, was nice).  

Anyway, how dare this man look after his family, potentially creating risks for others. Thoughtless, thoughtless Tory. I am not going to vote for them again.

I will catch up with you all tomorrow as it’s bingo night at our community centre. Always packed out, but will be more so tonight as the two fat ladies said they would like to come along too.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Didn’t see all of the broadcast I must admit, as I was enjoying a late afternoon stretch in the house with a couple of women who advertise in my nearest phone box. (For the record neither looked like their picture, and were actually quite large, but they had made an effort which, given the current retail restrictions on the purchase of non-essential products, was nice).  

Anyway, how dare this man look after his family, potentially creating risks for others. Thoughtless, thoughtless Tory. I am not going to vote for them again.

I will catch up with you all tomorrow as it’s bingo night at our community centre. Always packed out, but will be more so tonight as the two fat ladies said they would like to come along too.

Blimey. You have a phone box near you?

12 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

This is trial by media and mob rule. He is not a terrorist, murderer or pedophile, he simply drove to an isolated house to ensure his family were safe and could recover.

No matter if he has done right or wrong, by the law of lockdown, the only person he is answerable to is his boss, i.e. Boris Johnson. He is not an elected MP, therefore not answerable to Parliament.

And the only thing the police can do is fine him £60, if they believe he has broken the lockdown laws. 

And finally, if I thought my wife, children, or grandchildren were in any danger for their health and safety, I would break every law in the country to protect them.

I dont believe him not one little if him and his wife so ill he would not have made 250miles trip. Like at the time he would not seek medcail help he should dail 999 or like they advise they did neathier or talk to a doctor. He is not happy because been breaking the rules that chose to help make.

Not just that it is kick in the mouth to every person that there jobs could be at risk and also every person football team force to stop watching. He did the wrong thing and he knows it. And plus all the deaths that counted for nrothing and families force miss funerals or sit at there bed sides so for prime minster eathier sacks him or considers the lockdown.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont believe him not one little if him and his wife so ill he would not have made 250miles trip. Like at the time he would not seek medcail help he should dail 999 or like they advise they did neathier or talk to a doctor. He is not happy because been breaking the rules that chose to help make.

Not just that it is kick in the mouth to every person that there jobs could be at risk and also every person football team force to stop watching. He did the wrong thing and he knows it. And plus all the deaths that counted for nrothing and families force miss funerals or sit at there bed sides so for prime minster eathier sacks him or considers the lockdown.

You will be blaming him for Covid 19 which came from China next. 

I personally believe him and his statements. I believe the intent in his actions at each step of the journey.

So on a drive back their 4 year old kid runs around for a small amount of time outside. So what. He drives out to check whether he thinks he’s fit for a 270 mile drive home - again so what. Given his position he needs to be back at work and if this was needed to check that he was Ok, then I think it’s the right decision.

I don’t even specifically see what rule/law he has broken apart from the above things I’ve mentioned. I agree he had exceptional circumstances. Given the opportunity he had to self isolate in private accommodation and family prepared to help look at their child Who were very low risk, I would do EXACTLY what he did.

I bet if we deep dive into all the journalists - you’d find a number of them have broken the rules far greater than he has. (Although apart from playing with his kid outside which I think was post 14 days if I recollect?) Not to mention three Labour MP’s who have OBVIOUSLY broken the rules and they’re still working.

I thought the media’s questions were pathetic. Time and time again, Laura K, Robert P, Beth R get the chances to ask serious questions which are key and relevant and they fail badly.

The media just want to hound people to the point they break down, quit or even worse kill themselves. We’ve seen it already in the past year and nobody is learning their lessons. The complete and utter disrespect for this individuals family is shameful.

When it comes to press, and by all means I want free press, but time and time again they let themselves down. It’s actually just sad.

Ive no idea how good or bad this guy is in his advisory Parliament position to BJ. I don’t care - I don’t have that much interest in it. So I purely look at a situation and take it on its merits.

If anything factual comes out and proves this story wrong, then my opinion may change on him but right now, he’s given a step by step account as much as he can remember given it is 8 weeks ago and we need to move on. 

Surely the steps down from lockdown, saving and getting people’s jobs back and saving lives in the future are significantly more important than trying to get this guy fired?

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You will be blaming him for Covid 19 which came from China next. 

Don’t forget B4 wants football stadiums to open up but schools and cinemas are still a no as his mum works in the first one and B4 works in the second one.

Anyway maybe Cummins drove back from China on a full tank of petrol with Covid in the boot?

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

I personally believe him and his statements. I believe the intent in his actions at each step of the journey.

So on a drive back their 4 year old kid runs around for a small amount of time outside. So what. He drives out to check whether he thinks he’s fit for a 270 mile drive home - again so what. Given his position he needs to be back at work and if this was needed to check that he was Ok, then I think it’s the right decision.

I don’t even specifically see what rule/law he has broken apart from the above things I’ve mentioned. I agree he had exceptional circumstances. Given the opportunity he had to self isolate in private accommodation and family prepared to help look at their child Who were very low risk, I would do EXACTLY what he did.

I bet if we deep dive into all the journalists - you’d find a number of them have broken the rules far greater than he has. (Although apart from playing with his kid outside which I think was post 14 days if I recollect?) Not to mention three Labour MP’s who have OBVIOUSLY broken the rules and they’re still working.

I thought the media’s questions were pathetic. Time and time again, Laura K, Robert P, Beth R get the chances to ask serious questions which are key and relevant and they fail badly.

The media just want to hound people to the point they break down, quit or even worse kill themselves. We’ve seen it already in the past year and nobody is learning their lessons. The complete and utter disrespect for this individuals family is shameful.

When it comes to press, and by all means I want free press, but time and time again they let themselves down. It’s actually just sad.

Ive no idea how good or bad this guy is in his advisory Parliament position to BJ. I don’t care - I don’t have that much interest in it. So I purely look at a situation and take it on its merits.

If anything factual comes out and proves this story wrong, then my opinion may change on him but right now, he’s given a step by step account as much as he can remember given it is 8 weeks ago and we need to move on. 

Surely the steps down from lockdown, saving and getting people’s jobs back and saving lives in the future are significantly more important than trying to get this guy fired?

If  you wanted to test your eyesight before a long drive, being unsure and all that, would you do it with your 4 yr old in the car, or maybe take a short spin alone?

Just now, reverendo de duivel said:

If  you wanted to test your eyesight before a long drive, being unsure and all that, would you do it with your 4 yr old in the car, or maybe take a short spin alone?

Honestly I’d probably take the wife with me in case there was any reason I couldn’t continue driving and she had to return. By that nature he therefore needed to take his son. It’s probably not a case of you can see or can’t see, it’s probably a grey area so let’s do a check first.

Archived