The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Only if that’s what others were told to do and did , I really hope the social services visit those hundreds of thousands of bad parents who fought every instinct to follow the rules and put their children on the at risk register whilst the queen awards Cummings some kind of medal for being the only decent right thinking parent in the country, anyway I’m gonna leave it there with you as I can see there really is no point , I have not the first clue how you can justify this in your mind ,all the best

We have just had a Durham police statement talking about how they spoke to his father  .

The officer in question didn’t give any advice apparently.

Both his son and his wife had Covid symptoms and were self isolating. 

His 4 year old needed to be looked after I assume . 

I ask again what should have happened to the 4 year old boy 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Hes running late....rumours that he has been in the pub having a bit of dutch courage are totally made up by me....?

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

The press are breaking social distancing to harass him. He has a young child in his house. This is wrong, and I'm aghast if you can't see this.

Give me another angry face then because I think he treats everyone with contempt, he’s unelected yet he wealds more power in Downing Street than some MP’s. I saw him leaning on the side of the door at number 10 this morning in a do you know who I am stance because it hadn’t been opened quick enough for his liking, I bet the door opener got the sharp end of his tongue for that.

What goes around comes around they say and he’s getting his for his past misdemeanours and I for one am very pleased to see it.

Karma, I think they call it.

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We have just had a Durham police statement talking about how they spoke to his father  .

He should have been looked after by his parents just like everybody else who's had a kid with the virus.

1 minute ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

He's even lost the support of the Daily Mail, which is usually piling on Jeremy Corbyn 24/7 for being a terrorist.

No paper should support him, he should go. But the harassment on the street, people queuing up (and ignoring social distancing) outside his house which his child lives in, it's vile. 

Sith Happens
Just now, Andicis said:

No paper should support him, he should go. But the harassment on the street, people queuing up (and ignoring social distancing) outside his house which his child lives in, it's vile. 

Totally agree, having seen the video when he returned home last night was bad, surely we are better than this?. I know how i would feel if that happened to me, although i do suspect he has a much thicker skin than me.

5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Give me another angry face then because I think he treats everyone with contempt, he’s unelected yet he wealds more power in Downing Street than some MP’s. I saw him leaning on the side of the door at number 10 this morning in a do you know who I am stance because it hadn’t been opened quick enough for his liking, I bet the door opener got the sharp end of his tongue for that.

What goes around comes around they say and he’s getting his for his past misdemeanours and I for one am very pleased to see it.

Karma, I think they call it.

As I suspected. Do you even care about what he actually did, or were you just waiting for a slip up to jump on him? This has clearly blown up to be more about his role in other things, more than what he did (which I don't agree with in the slightest). He's a bit slimy. He doesn't deserve this much harassment, though. Nor does anyone else. 

Just now, Andicis said:

As I suspected. Do you even care about what he actually did, or were you just waiting for a slip up to jump on him? This has clearly blown up to be more about his role in other things, and more than what he did (which I don't agree with in the slightest). He's a bit slimy. He doesn't deserve this much harassment, though. Nor does anyone else. 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yeah, it's totally out of order.

Wonder how many others have had to deal with the same thing though, thanks to Cummings leaking stories to the media?

15 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Told you once , and I say again no interest in playing silly games with you , you think it’s all good then up to you

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The press are breaking social distancing to harass him. He has a young child in his house. This is wrong, and I'm aghast if you can't see this.

Of course it's wrong buddy, but Cummings is vile as vile as our slavering tabloid press of whom he has gone out of his way to make a sworn enemy. He's made his bed and now he, his wife and parents AND HIS 4 YEAR OLD son will have to suffer the consequences which merely serves to illustrate what a horrible piece of kit he really is given it is his own actions that have brought this about. Can you honestly say that you are surprised by the press reaction?

Through his own arrogance, alpha-male Cummings now finds himself challenged by the rabid dogs he had under his boot. It's almost Shakespearean and whilst I have every sympathy for his family, I have less than none for Cummings himself. If he had simply done the right thing and resigned as soon as the story first broke, none of this harassment would have occurred. He'd have left the media nowhere to go and not undermined Blojo in the process. As it is, he's undermined the government and thrown his own family under the bus and what's more, he shown he cares not one iota. His astounding arrogance was always going to be his downfall and so it has proved. 

29 minutes ago, Andicis said:

As much as I loathe what Cummings did, this pile on is really ugly. He should have resigned, but he doesn't deserve this large scale harassment he's getting. 

Well he made his bed now he has to lie in it.

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Of course it's wrong buddy, but Cummings is vile as vile as our slavering tabloid press of whom he has gone out of his way to make a sworn enemy. He's made his bed and now he, his wife and parents AND HIS 4 YEAR OLD son will have to suffer the consequences which merely serves to illustrate what a horrible piece of kit he really is given it is his own actions that have brought this about. Can you honestly say that you are surprised by the press reaction?

Through his own arrogance, alpha-male Cummings now finds himself challenged by the rabid dogs he had under his boot. It's almost Shakespearean and whilst I have every sympathy for his family, I have less than none for Cummings himself. If he had simply done the right thing and resigned as soon as the story first broke, none of this harassment would have occurred. He'd have left the media nowhere to go and not undermined Blojo in the process. As it is, he's undermined the government and thrown his own family under the bus and what's more, he shown he cares not one iota. His astounding arrogance was always going to be his downfall and so it has proved. 

I have no love for the bloke whatsoever, but seeing what's going on now makes me feel a little repulsed to be honest. He should have resigned, but the fact that people are out for blood this much is a bit vile. There is also a certain hypocrisy with the press standing shoulder to shoulder outside his house whilst going after him for breaking isolation rules. 

6 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Bah, you didn’t get an angry face for your better worded post than mine, I will now flounce off in a huff.

For a senior advisor he seems very nervous and uncomfortable reading out a statement.

Parts of his story make sense. Others don’t.

Can’t imagine for example that he and Boris would both have forgotten a conversation they had on the subject , no matter how ill.

Both times he got to the travel to Durham, he shifted on his seat.

He was so ill he couldn’t stand on the night his son went to hospital yet the next day he picked him up.

I think he was right to get help for his family. I’m now not so sure he’s telling the whole truth. 

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Remember kids, if you think you have a problem with your eyesight, make sure you take your family on a 30 mile drive to check it's ok.

Yeah, absolutely nonsensical. Weak lie.

Archived