The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

My take on it is this: I didn't vote for them, so it's not my problem. 

Cummings has made some mortal enemies in the press, and they are paying him back handsomely. And they'll probably hound him out of his job now the shoe is on the other foot. 

Cummings seems fairly unpleasant, but that's fairly standard in politics. The press are absolutely base, guttural creatures, and that's fairly standard in journalism.

It's just funny to watch them turn on each other. And it makes Boris look incompetent and feeble, which is also great.

Would Corbyn have done a worse job over coronavirus? Possibly, but I fail to see how he could have.

And lockdown is pretty much finished now. Why should anyone take it seriously if you can make "exceptions" that suit you?

Because if you don’t take it seriously you and your loved ones may die. Surely it is within your own interests to protect yourself regardless of others actions.

5 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

We are all entitled to an opinion and people should have the right to arrive at that opinion by investigating and asking questions. 

I have a query over my eyesight too, so like Cummings, I'm going to load the family into the car and 'investigate' by driving for an hour to see if I can avoid a crash.  ?

3 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I have a query over my eyesight too, so like Cummings, I'm going to load the family into the car and 'investigate' by driving for an hour to see if I can avoid a crash.  ?

I bet it’s entirely coincidentally your other half’s birthday as well isn’t it?!

13 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

does anyone think if the British Media scrutinised their every movement they could stir up a storm about something they have done in the last 8 weeks?

The medias disdain for Cummings and Cummings dislike of the media has forced the issue, Footballers/Rugby players/a Labour MP and more no doubt have broken the rules, But non have made an enemy of the media/Journalists...it's what they do, Cummings apart...our media put you on a pedastall then kick it away to feed the reading populas, I remember how they treated Princess Dianna and how they hounded her until they cornered her in a street and brought her to tears, Jane Goody how they destroyed her.

This is not a story anymore, This is a battle of wills.

5 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

If that is the medical advice given to you by a doctor then it is generally wise to follow said advice. Doctors are mostly very clever and tend to know what they are talking about contrary to beliefs held by many.

1 minute ago, TramRam said:

The medias disdain for Cummings and Cummings dislike of the media has forced the issue...

The Daily Fail even said Johnson should sack him. FFS there wasn't media disdain as such until he broke the guidelines. What an utter poo he is. But he's the pilot behind BoJos demolition of British democracy, so never gonna be sacked by him.

1 minute ago, jimmyp said:

If that is the medical advice given to you by a doctor then it is generally wise to follow said advice. Doctors are mostly very clever and tend to know what they are talking about contrary to beliefs held by many.

So you're saying that doctors advise folk who are unsure of whether they can drive safely, to pop their loved ones in a car and go for a test drive! Try another tack mate. Seriously, you must think everyone is as stupid as Cummings clearly does. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

The Daily Fail even said Johnson should sack him. FFS there wasn't media disdain as such until he broke the guidelines. What an utter poo he is. But he's the pilot behind BoJos demolition of British democracy, so never gonna be sacked by him.

You wanna bet.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/03/political-journalists-boycott-no-10-briefing-after-reporter-ban

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

So you're saying that doctors advise folk who are unsure of whether they can drive safely, to pop their loved ones in a car and go for a test drive! Try another tack mate. Seriously, you must think everyone is as stupid as Cummings clearly does. 

So you are a medical expert then?

1 minute ago, Van Gritters said:

So you are a medical expert then?

Are you implying I need to be a medical expert to know that if I'm unsure whether I can drive safely, it makes sense not to risk the life of a 4 year old child? Or other drivers on the roads for that matter.

Christ. And you accuse other posters of having no common sense ?

1 minute ago, Van Gritters said:

Have you broken a rule? Be honest.

Not sure what the point of this is. It's not a question of being without sin and casting the first stone. Nobody's perfect.

Cumming's boss is the PM. He and his boss are responsible for formulating a response to a killer virus via a set of rules to stop the spread. Cumming's explanation of his actions is unconvincing at best and he showed a level of arrogance astounding even by the standards of this government. 

Had we in my family had to face a similar situation, we would have had to deal with it within the household, just like everyone else.

19 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Absolutely everything? I reckon over half my trips to the shop aren’t absolutely necessary and some trips I have often bought stuff I don’t need just because it looked more essential than the bottles of wine I had.

Well I’m pretty certain , can I tell you that a microscopic nit pick by someone wouldn’t point out something I’ve missed then like most probably no BUT that’s a million miles from the Cummings debacle long list of blatant disregarding of so many and the pathetic schoolboy excuses Rolled out to cover his backside so I’m not sure the point you are trying to make stands up

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

He asked for medical advice as to wether he was ok to drive and return to work, he was apparently given the all clear.

His wife questioned his driving ability and wanted to make her own assessment. Should they have left the 4 year old on his own whilst she carried out her own personal assessment?

I certainly don’t think everyone is stupid, why would I?

Archived