The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

To all the clever people who haven’t had Covid 19 I hope you don’t get it. 

Dominic Cummings said he felt awful. 

Do you not believe him about that even. 

What has that to do with anything?

My grandson was ill for about 3 days, my daughter was very seriously ill (and she is a marathon runner) for four weeks and is still only on the road to recovery, and her partner, a chap who carries a few extra stone in weight and is a chronic asthmatic, was almost asymptomatic. They self-isolated at home for nearly six weeks because it was the responsible thing to do.

What Cummings did was socially irresponsible. It's not a party political issue despite you bleating that people are making it into one - even a couple of dozen Tories are howling for his resignation. People - an awful lot of people - have been unable to visit loved ones who were dying, either in hospital or in care homes, unable to go to funerals to pay their last respects - they have made huge sacrifices because it was the right thing to do - and some of those people are very angry and feel betrayed.

I don't blame them for feeling that way.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

If you told me today was Monday I would check 

That’s hurt my feelings Curtains, I have defended you when you were quite clearly posting nonsense, well, you and me are done and I hope you get a severe dose of the Chalfonts. 

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

To all the clever people who haven’t had Covid 19 I hope you don’t get it. 

Dominic Cummings said he felt awful. 

Do you not believe him about that even. 

I don’t believe a word he says?

The covid effected his eyesight that much that when he was in the midst of his proper lockdown, he drove his missus and poorly kid to the local hospital.

Why didn’t he ask the Nieces to drive her?  
if they don’t drive, what’s the point of going to Durham?

They has one medical emergency and DIDNT ask for help despite being in bed feeling terrible.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

That’s hurt my feelings Curtains, I have defended you when you were quite clearly posting nonsense, well, you and me are done and I hope you get a severe dose of the Chalfonts. 

I don’t need your defence thanks. 

29 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Oh was it 30 miles and not 30 minutes. As mentioned I think they should of just attempted the journey back to London so I wasn’t trying to defend the initial trip. 

Well actually is was 60 miles given they then had to make a return journey ?

2 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Does anyone really think this will just 'go away' now?

Yes. This will fade from the front pages after tomorrow and be replaced by the "Good news everybody" stories about the lockdown being gradually relaxed.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

You can’t read can you 

This bit?

Keep following this advice to the best of your ability, however, we are aware that not all these measures will be possible.

This bit?

You should do your very best to follow this guidance

This bit?

Staying at home may be difficult and frustrating, but there are things that you can do to help make it easier.

I personally like the bit about doing your very best to follow the guidance. If Cummings' story is true, he made a pretty poor attempt to stick to the guidance. If you think 'access to family' means the other end of the country, fair enough. I don't. My mother is 120 miles away. We haven't had access to her for months.

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I don’t believe a word he says?

The covid effected his eyesight that much that when he was in the midst of his proper lockdown, he drove his missus and poorly kid to the local hospital.

Why didn’t he ask the Nieces to drive her?  
if they don’t drive, what’s the point of going to Durham?

They has one medical emergency and DIDNT ask for help despite being in bed feeling terrible.

"Sir, this is a designated World Heritage site, not Specsavers".

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

This bit?

Keep following this advice to the best of your ability, however, we are aware that not all these measures will be possible.

This bit?

You should do your very best to follow this guidance

This bit?

Staying at home may be difficult and frustrating, but there are things that you can do to help make it easier.

I personally like the bit about doing your very best to follow the guidance. If Cummings' story is true, he made a pretty poor attempt to stick to the guidance. If you think 'access to family' means the other end of the country, fair enough. I don't. My mother is 120 miles away. We haven't had access to her for months.

My mother is 91 and I haven’t had access to her for months. 

I personally think he will be gone because he’s being hounded out. 

Well thats sort then. Dom did no wrong, everything about his trip up north was all above board. He can get back to doing the job the nation needs him doing. Guiding Johnson in leading the nation through the reopening of the country. In readiness for when we can begin trading with the world under WTO rules and watch our economy boom.

Just now, 1of4 said:

Well thats sort then. Dom did no wrong, everything about his trip up north was all above board. He can get back to doing the job the nation needs him doing. Guiding Johnson in leading the nation through the reopening of the country. In readiness for when we can begin trading with the world under WTO rules and watch our economy boom.

The Economy  is finished I’m afraid thanks to Covid 19 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

The Economy  is finished I’m afraid thanks to Covid 19 

Is it heck. We’ll bounce back! 
Boris said so!

Ignore what the Chancellor said about the worst recession in living memory, Dominic told him that.

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

durham.thumb.jpg.7679749c3ecc39402433b8730ede4ad7.jpg

I never knew Durham was on the coast. 

1 hour ago, Van Gritters said:

Just out of interest has everyone on here abided by the lockdown rules to the letter of the law or does anyone think if the British Media scrutinised their every movement they could stir up a storm about something they have done in the last 8 weeks?

To be honest, no. I once drove round to my parents to borrow some tools, and drove round to borrow some other tools from my brother. Both of my parents visited me at the same time last weekend.
I’ve also gone out to do a bit of non-essential shopping on a couple of occasions. We go out two or three times a week to do our shopping. 

Archived