The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

53 minutes ago, TramRam said:

I knew John Richardson sadly now passed away(who's monica was The Ram)he was at the fore of the RamsTrust, A DCFC fan of huge proportions in body and support, I saw Jeremy Keith soon after his release from a spell inside on the underground in London, Lucky for him I was with the Ex, A few Derby fans gave him some grief, But they saw fit to leave him be.

Having your property damaged is a symptom of people annoyed with others...stupid sods ?

The amount of abuse I received from some 15 years or so ago, just for being a member, was ridiculous. Having your property damaged is a symptom of some people being mindless cretins who are unable to express themselves in any way other than violently who are annoyed with others. I have learned, over many years, that arguing with people who are totally entrenched in their views is a pointless exercise because nothing that you say or do, or even any evidence conflicting with their beliefs, will ever change those views.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Politics is like a bath , scum rises to the top , wouldn’t surprise me for one second if it was the gov that released the Cummings stories at this time because they are realising getting people to go back to work might not be so easy

what a sad episode this whole thing is ,boris and ministers openly showing how far in the gutter politics has gone

24 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well for me if they can go out enjoy themselfs so can rest of us.

If they want to put their family at risk then leave them to it. We shouldn't compare ourselves to them. 

2 hours ago, ketteringram said:

2024? 

Not sure he'll make it to the end of 2020.

We don't get a general election for 5 years. No way he'll get a vote of no confidence and it'll take a pile of bye elections for him to lose his majority. 

I suppose that you can never rule out Boris getting knifed by his own lot. The Tories have always been about ruthlessly clinging to power and shifting their position accordingly. 

Which is why there are a number of Tory MPs now lining up to dump Cummings because they're sniffing the air and smell public disapproval. 

42 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The amount of abuse I received from some 15 years or so ago, just for being a member, was ridiculous. Having your property damaged is a symptom of some people being mindless cretins who are unable to express themselves in any way other than violently who are annoyed with others. I have learned, over many years, that arguing with people who are totally entrenched in their views is a pointless exercise because nothing that you say or do, or even any evidence conflicting with their beliefs, will ever change those views.

Reminds me of when I was 8 years old and living just up the road from the old Baseball Ground, when some Millwall fans/DLF idiots decided to throw a brick through our window. Scared me witless. I was lucky I wasn't seriously injured.

All part of the game for some I suppose

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

If they want to put their family at risk then leave them to it. We shouldn't compare ourselves to them. 

Isn’t the supposed point about putting other people’s families at risk hence the rules and not just deciding for ourselves what risks we choose to take?

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Isn’t the supposed point about putting other people’s families at risk hence the rules and not just deciding for ourselves what risks we choose to take?

Yes, but my post was more to b4 on about wanting to go out and enjoy himself, and to remind of the risk in doing so. 

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Argument is fine, and quoting someone who I have on 'ignore' at least allows me to see that there are others who disagree occasionally with those I disagree with always, so you are not (entirely) a lost cause. Defending the indefensible just makes you look a prat. Six or seven government ministers made themselves into prats, over the last 24 hours, by defending the indefensible because they deliberately blurred the lines for the sake of party unity - perhaps at the cost of national unity. Criticising newspapers for reporting the news makes you look a prat. My problem, over the last year, is that if someone makes themselves look a prat, I tell them that they are a prat. The forum rules are that we have to all play nicely. Calling people who make themselves look like prats, er, prats (for the want of a less polite term) isn't playing nicely, so I'm reliably informed, and I hold my hands up. I haven't played nicely, and have suffered the inevitable banninations. So, if I wish to continue having discourse on here with people who are not just automatic gainsayers and trolls (and I am probably considered to be either or both in some eyes), then my only recourse is to use the 'ignore' function. 

God I hope I’m on ignore.. 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Good luck to anyone working for the Government or public sector trying to enforce lockdown rules after that display of absolute cowardice from Johnson. 

If Dom is allowed to travel hundreds of miles then so is everyone else I guess. 

I fear that's it now in a nutshell. Johnson's support for Cummings means that the lockdown has effectively ended.

Seeing as Boris was supposedly at death's door a month ago, I am utterly astounded that not only has he turned a blind eye to Cummings's flaunting of the lockdown rules - he has basically told the country that he was actually 'behaving responsibly' by doing so. I wonder how many motorway service stations they stopped at? It's a good job we have a viable contact tracing system in place. Oh, wait...

42 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

We don't get a general election for 5 years. No way he'll get a vote of no confidence and it'll take a pile of bye elections for him to lose his majority. 

I suppose that you can never rule out Boris getting knifed by his own lot. The Tories have always been about ruthlessly clinging to power and shifting their position accordingly. 

Which is why there are a number of Tory MPs now lining up to dump Cummings because they're sniffing the air and smell public disapproval. 

Let's wait and see what state everything is in by October

Hopefully this governmental faux pas is the end of this stupid lockdown now and we can return the country back to normality before further irreversible damage is done.

20 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I fear that's it now in a nutshell. Johnson's support for Cummings means that the lockdown has effectively ended.

Seeing as Boris was supposedly at death's door a month ago, I am utterly astounded that not only has he turned a blind eye to Cummings's flaunting of the lockdown rules - he has basically told the country that he was actually 'behaving responsibly' by doing so. I wonder how many motorway service stations they stopped at? It's a good job we have a viable contact tracing system in place. Oh, wait...

What at them prices, He'd have taken a packed lunch.

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Hopefully this governmental faux pas is the end of this stupid lockdown now and we can return the country back to normality before further irreversible damage is done.

A return to normality (as in life BC) will be the cause of irreversible damage. Social distancing is here for a long time, I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, TramRam said:

What at them prices, He'd have taken a packed lunch.

Ever had a 5 hour journey with a toddler in a car? After the first 15 minutes of "Are we there yet?" and "I've left teddy", you suddenly realise that everything within 50 metres of the little basket must be an emetic. That first whiff of kiddy puke and the damp feeling at the back of your neck tells you that it's already time for the first stop.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Politics is like a bath , scum rises to the top , wouldn’t surprise me for one second if it was the gov that released the Cummings stories at this time because they are realising getting people to go back to work might not be so easy

what a sad episode this whole thing is ,boris and ministers openly showing how far in the gutter politics has gone

I like the theory. Cummings the master manipulator sets this one in motion to change the conversation away from the Tories simultaneously wrecking the economy and killing 1000s more than should have died. Worst of both worlds.

57 minutes ago, rynny said:

Yes, but my post was more to b4 on about wanting to go out and enjoy himself, and to remind of the risk in doing so. 

Well like I said goverment been doing going out and while we been stuck inside why should they be one rule for us another for them.

Archived