The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

24 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'd be fuming if I were Shapps. Bunged out this morning with seemingly no additional info or prep. 

He is the Transport Secretary and should be questioned as such.

He should not need additional info or prep on things that are completely out of his control and remit.

If there are questions to be answered on this, and there are, they should be directed at Cummings and Johnson, not anybody else.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He is the Transport Secretary and should be questioned as such.

He should not need additional info or prep on things that are completely out of his control and remit.

If there are questions to be answered on this, and there are, they should be directed at Cummings and Johnson, not anybody else.

Boris is probably hiding in a fridge somewhere hoping this all blows over. 

Joking aside, I agree that he should be the one sorting this out. In which case where is he? 

7 conservative mps lining up to take pot shots at DomCum. 

Including mine who puts it simply 

"We can't have one rule for some and wriggle-room for others. I have messages from many angry constituents who have made sacrifices".

If there was always intended to be allowance within the guidelines/rules then a) was that clear and b) has it been consistently policed/enforced.

26 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Boris is probably hiding in a fridge somewhere hoping this all blows over. 

Joking aside, I agree that he should be the one sorting this out. In which case where is he? 

I'm getting some stickers made up to put on the work fridges "certified Boris free" and "this fridge is checked every 2 hours for prime ministers". 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

See the usual trolls are out with their laughing emojis.

Thanks to the rest you that have managed to engage in grown up debate.

To coin a phrase 'I'm not biting' ?

You say you don't support Boris and Cummings, then tie yourself in knots to defend them both. It's absolutely hilarious ? 

Cummings will go from an official government position into an advisory role in the private sector. The question going forward is do the public want to reject him, as an advisor who broke the rules or what he stands for? This has the potential to be a huge moment of change if it’s handled badly. Public opinion on Johnson has always been on a knife edge, he hasn’t got that much faith to fall back on.

Sith Happens

my thoughts were that the continued reaction was ott, however considering the number of mp's now starting to demand he steps down I think he should probably do the right thing and step down himself. 

its beginning to become an unnecessary distraction and it looks like it will continue to be so. 

I do think his dislikability is affecting the reaction but ultimately he had a choice break the rules or don't.

the country has more important matters than if dominic Cummings travelled 250 miles,  he made the wrong decision so take one for the team and go graciously. 

17 minutes ago, Eddie said:

There is a cabal on here who will continue to defend the indefensible, and it is as pathetic as it is predictable.

Yeah because 'Cummings should resign and Johnson should be made to answer the questions' is a great defence of them isnt it?

How is the house arrest going?

@GboroRam noticed you clapped this personal attack. Just highlighting you as one of the many hypocrites that I often expose on here.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah because 'Cummings should resign and Johnson should be made to answer the questions' is a great defence of them isnt it?

How is the house arrest going?

@GboroRam noticed you clapped this personal attack. Just highlighting you as one of the many hypocrites that I often expose on here.

Is it a personal attack? How? Who is it personally attacking? 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You do know that people can’t post their views without being lambasted on here don’t you .

who asked you ? ?

only joking of course 

Sith Happens
Just now, Curtains said:

Does anybody think the government has a difficult job in deciding when to end the lockdown .

Who thinks they know best !

absolutely

yes they do,  and I am glad my biggest decision each day is shorts or not when working from home 

Archived