The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

That bit I agree with, anything else should be left for the police and coming from an elected official its very dangerous talk imo.  There are lots of factions around the world that are either at 'war' now or have been in the past, its not up to people to decide what the appropriate response is regardless of provocation otherwise things get out of hand very quickly.  

I agree in principle.  But with provocation this extreme then I can completely understand her position.  That Jewish people would like to see self identifying Nazis get a kicking is the least surprising news in the world. 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Anyway, I've read Bozzer's New Year address and he talks about "Levelling Up", which seems to be giving poor regions access to all the goodies us civilised types living darn sarf have enjoyed for ages.

So I'm sending up a tin of kumquats and I'll be encouraging @Angry Ram to be chipping in with a pint of pickled whelks anorl.........

Happy New Year fellow travellers on Bozza's Whirlygig Ride of your life thing..........

?

I will be sending up normal peas with instructions on use.

4 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

I will be sending up normal peas with instructions on use.

Instructions you cheeky bugger, we all know how to eat normal peas. You suck them straight off the back of a knife, just the same as we do with mushy peas.

20 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I was worried that 2020 was going to be the year that all the moronic populist leaders stared to not just say crazy things but do them. I didn't think it would be Day 3.

Only having to worry about was what moronic populist leaders said on Twitter is so 2019

2020 will be the year of flamboyant gestures, economic stupidity, and chauvinistic flag-wanking nationalism

Whoo!

19 hours ago, maxjam said:

That bit I agree with, anything else should be left for the police and coming from an elected official its very dangerous talk imo.  There are lots of factions around the world that are either at 'war' now or have been in the past, its not up to people to decide what the appropriate response is regardless of provocation otherwise things get out of hand very quickly.  

19 hours ago, maxjam said:

I see that Charlotte Nicols is trending on twitter atm, which ties into stuff we were discussing a few pages ago...

Massively disagree with what she says.  Is she advocating mass riots every time there is a Tommy Robinson rally or Britain First march?  What about UKIP?  Who decides what a nazi is now-a-days given the term is thrown around so loosely?

We have a police force and law and order for a reason.  Imagine if Boris Johnson had said its okay to go around kicking anti-semites in the head before the election.  Might have made election night more interesting, a boxing referee could have held the constituency winners hand aloft!

Are you suggesting that the people waving Nazi salutes may not be fascists?

Are you further saying that we shouldn't have freedom of speech, and the government and state should choose which words you can use and which you can't, and use force to prevent people saying what they want?

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Are you suggesting that the people waving Nazi salutes may not be fascists?

I dunno, you tell me?  Better still find any sentence I've written that says people waving nazi salutes aren't nazi's.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Are you further saying that we shouldn't have freedom of speech, and the government and state should choose which words you can use and which you can't, and use force to prevent people saying what they want?

I'm pointing out the fact that Boris Johnson has been accused of inciting racial violence by simply using the word 'letterbox' whereas Charolotte Nicols has actually advocated giving some people a good kicking.

More to the point are you saying its okay that some people 'get their heads kicked in'.  IMO regardless of who the target is for your violence that is very dangerous rhetoric.  It leads to people taking matters into their own hands, escalation, potential riots and death.  And you are the one that keeps telling me the left (Antifa) aren't facist, if anyone or group decides to take her advice and 'forcibly suppress the opposition' thats almost literally straight from the definition of fascism. 

As I keep saying, we have strict hate speech laws in the UK and an excellent police force nobody needs to take anything into their own hands - and should be called out for encouraging such action.

13 minutes ago, maxjam said:

you are the one that keeps telling me the left (Antifa) aren't facist

To be fair - the clue is in the name ANTI fa

14 minutes ago, maxjam said:

and an excellent police force

Hang on - weren't there over 100 cases raised against the failings of police officers in the Rotherham Abuse scandal (I know you like to bring that up a lot)? I think to say we have an excellent police force is pushing it. Even the tragic Duffield murder sounds like there was a police failing in there

I'd advocate that violence should always be a last resort, but history has shown that fascism gladly takes any inch you give it

4 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Hang on - weren't there over 100 cases raised against the failings of police officers in the Rotherham Abuse scandal (I know you like to bring that up a lot)? I think to say we have an excellent police force is pushing it. Even the tragic Duffield murder sounds like there was a police failing in there

I'd advocate that violence should always be a last resort, but history has shown that fascism gladly takes any inch you give it

We have excellent police, prison, ambulance and fire services.

History does not prove such things. That's the difference. The title has 2020 in it. No need to kick someone's head in when you have a camera phone and such services available to report anyone without fear. 

My job is about as violent as it gets. You can fight without getting in trouble. I can legitimately punch people in the face. You can be assaulted and nobody bats an eyelid. 

I wouldn't dream of walking down the street and twatting a nazi. Why would you? Just report it. There is no reason to do it unless you fear for your life.

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

My job is about as violent as it gets. You can fight without getting in trouble. I can legitimately punch people in the face. You can be assaulted and nobody bats an eyelid. 

I wouldn't dream of walking down the street and twatting a nazi. Why would you? Just report it. There is no reason to do it unless you fear for your life.

Are you a bouncer? I'm disappointed. My least favourite people in the world.

11 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I don't care, we'd soon become a lawless country if we allowed Antifa to go around giving everyone who they deemed worthy a kicking.  Incidentally, it falls under axactly the same laws that prevent the far right from going around kicking anyone they don't like.  

15 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

We have an excellent police force when they are allowed to do their jobs.  I would imagine that if a far right or Antifa riot broke out they would be front and center because most sensible people will agree that regardless of who is committing the violence we can't have anarchy on the streets.

14 minutes ago, Norman said:

My job is about as violent as it gets.

I thought you laid patios?

15 minutes ago, Norman said:

You can fight without getting in trouble. I can legitimately punch people in the face. You can be assaulted and nobody bats an eyelid. 

I stand corrected - you're a policeman ?

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

We have an excellent police force when they are allowed to do their jobs.

Excellent and institutionally racist

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47300343

Most of the young people we spoke to said they didn't trust the police and wouldn't even call them when they or their friends were in danger

What do you make of that? Is it just identity politics?

Archived