The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jono said:

Had a quick google of Lewis Basset. Loves Jeremy .. just spreading nonesense, sowing dissension. 

Except that one of ours has already confirmed it's not, but hey, let's rubbish him and label him a snowflake anyway because he 'loves Jeremy' which is obviously enough to discredit anything he says, right? 

How about folk take this to the politics thread anyway. Last thing we need is it going off on match threads and we're getting pretty close IMO.

Could hear Derby fans all the way though on the tv coverage and there wasn't anything like that coming through.

Happy to accept some might have been, or before/away, but it's clearly not the away end en mass and clearly not "the culture war". Sneering at the half the country who don't agree with your view doesn't help either side understand or respect the other. People voted for what they thought was best.

Moving on from that,

Was very impressed with the full backs, Malone gets a lot of criticism but I thought he did he his bit today.

3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Why's that then? You like all that no surrender to the IRA BS or are you just some old edgelord craving some attention?

How’s no surrender to the IRA bs......Is  “we support the IRA” a particular cult classic sang by Celtic fans a better choice.......or maybe he was on about the Brexit chant, which being sung in remain London is quite funny

8 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Except that one of ours has already confirmed it's not, but hey, let's rubbish him and label him a snowflake anyway because he 'loves Jeremy' which is obviously enough to discredit anything he says, right? 

How about folk take this to the politics thread anyway. Last thing we need is it going off on match threads and we're getting pretty close IMO.

Mate, at least 3 people who were at the game said they heard no such chanting. Someone else said they had heard there were a few nobs at a pub some distance from the ground. 

This guy tweets a lie.
I didn’t call him a snowflake. I said he spreads dissension and having looked at some search results concluded that he is a left wing supporter of Jeremy. All of which is true.

Sorry but on this one we disagree fundamentally. It suits far left politics to inflate the presence of far right groups because they are a common enemy of all of us and overstating their presence helps the left wing cause. 

Interesting – I didn’t mention this at the time as I couldn’t be arsed, but when we went to Charlton away earlier in the season, as the throng of Derby fans got off the train at Charlton station and were singing all the Derby songs, one lad tried to start an “oh tommy tommy, tommy robinson” chant and was immediately met with a round of boos and foxtrot Oscars from his fellow Rams – kind of warmed my heart a bit.

Surely no one wants to hear political chanting at the football? What's the point? The match is where you go to escape all that crap!

22 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Interesting – I didn’t mention this at the time as I couldn’t be arsed, but when we went to Charlton away earlier in the season, as the throng of Derby fans got off the train at Charlton station and were singing all the Derby songs, one lad tried to start an “oh tommy tommy, tommy robinson” chant and was immediately met with a round of boos and foxtrot Oscars from his fellow Rams – kind of warmed my heart a bit.

Surely no one wants to hear political chanting at the football? What's the point? The match is where you go to escape all that crap!

Foxtrot Oscar .. inspired ? ?

6 hours ago, Barnetbyram said:

How’s no surrender to the IRA bs......Is  “we support the IRA” a particular cult classic sang by Celtic fans a better choice.......or maybe he was on about the Brexit chant, which being sung in remain London is quite funny

Amazed it really needs spelling out to you or anyone else for that matter. The point is, and I made it perfectly clear in an earlier post, that ANY such 'songs' have no place at the football. Are you really suggesting that I have some allegiance to the IRA? I really don't see what Rangers / Celtic chants have to do with Derby County Football Club but apparently you do and I'm not interested in trying to change that.

As I said to another poster, believe what you want. I couldn't give a flying duck about your opinion on this, in all honesty. We're clearly miles apart and that way we'll stay. 

Have a wonderful day.

44 minutes ago, Highgate said:

So.....Iran ?  What will they do in response, and how will the US react to their response?  Will things escalate out of control?  It's all a bit worrying if you ask me. 

I am not so sure.. Do they really want to go toe to toe with the US? Can they? Certainly not on any scale. There will be a lot of noise for sure but.....

They will have to do something but I don't I would expect that to be pretty small.. They will be quite happy internally to have got everyone back on the same page hating the west. They were becoming pretty fractured with the sanctions and the country was becoming split. 

Archived