The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

I dunno, you tell me?  Better still find any sentence I've written that says people waving nazi salutes aren't nazi's.

"Who decides what a nazi is now-a-days given the term is thrown around so loosely?"

Are you saying that we can't identify those people goose-stepping and waving their right arms out in front of them as Nazis?

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Excellent and institutionally racist

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47300343

What do you make of that? Is it just identity politics?

The final couple of sentences from the article that references a 20 year old report;

Despite this, Ms Dick (Britain's most senior police officer) says she does not believe the force is still institutionally racist.

"I simply don't see it as a helpful or accurate description. This is an utterly different Metropolitan Police", she claimed.

Whatever you think about our police force they won't stand aside whilst some people go around giving other people a good kicking.  Whilst I admit they have their failings they are very good keeping law and order and not allowing society to descend into chaos .

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

"Who decides what a nazi is now-a-days given the term is thrown around so loosely?"

Are you saying that we can't identify those people goose-stepping and waving their right arms out in front of them as Nazis?

Well all those videos of fat women shouting at people with opposing views and calling them nazis seems to me that some people can't, no. 

23 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

"Most of the young people we spoke to said they didn't trust the police and wouldn't even call them when they or their friends were in danger"

What do you make of that? Is it just identity politics?

No, being too stupid to call the police when you're in danger is social darwinism in action.

10 minutes ago, maxjam said:

The final couple of sentences from the article that references a 20 year old report;

Despite this, Ms Dick (Britain's most senior police officer) says she does not believe the force is still institutionally racist.

"I simply don't see it as a helpful or accurate description. This is an utterly different Metropolitan Police", she claimed.

Whatever you think about our police force they won't stand aside whilst some people go around giving other people a good kicking.  Whilst I admit they have their failings they are very good keeping law and order and not allowing society to descend into chaos .

Head of police believes police not racist, despite independent enquiry finding differently.

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

The bold bit though - it's essentially saying "despite this lengthy article where we offer mutiple pieces of evidence and testimony from former Met officer and ex-chairman of the National Black Police Association that says it's still institutionally racist......the white Police commissioner maintains the party line that it's all fine"

I liked this line - could apply to some forum members too!

"You can have very well meaning officers, who still support racist structures, even if their own personal beliefs aren't racist."

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Someone walking down the street waving nazi's salutes is very different to your average UKIP member who is very different to certain forum members here - yet all 3 have been called nazi.  The point I was making was who decides who the nazi's are and at what point do we draw the line?  Maybe David Lammy could tell us...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/14/comparing-erg-to-nazis-not-strong-enough-says-david-lammy

Meh, lets give the Tory party a good kicking as well ?

Alternatively as I unbelievably have to keep saying, lets not let any one group give another group they disagree with a good kicking, regardless of who they disagree with and why - it will just lead to chaos. 

Certain people are quick to point out the dangers of Boris Johnson's 'letterbox' comment but are remarkably relaxed about someone from their own side calling for actual street violence.  Bizarre.

2 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

The bold bit though - it's essentially saying "despite this lengthy article where we offer mutiple pieces of evidence and testimony from former Met officer and ex-chairman of the National Black Police Association that says it's still institutionally racist......the white Police commissioner maintains the party line that it's all fine"

I liked this line - could apply to some forum members too!

Well, we're 3 days into the new year and already the accusations have started.  Some things never change eh ☹️

So we're now off topic and talking about whether the police force is institutionally racist.  Thats as good a way as any to deflect from Labour MPs advocating street violence I suppose. 

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

No, being too stupid to call the police when you're in danger is social darwinism in action.

Being in danger and yet feeling that calling on those who have a duty to protect you is pointless because they are institutionally racist?

You’re framing that as their own stupidity? And calling it “Social Darwinism” is grade A nazi thinking

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Darwinism#Nazi_Germany

It;'s only 3rd Jan and we already have a contender for worst post of the year

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Joke of the day:

What happens when a simple electorate start to believe the right wing propaganda that identity politics is some sort of great threat?

Huge wars with loads of people dying! 

Boom boom!

Cultural elitism. 

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

Cultural elitism. 

Reverse 90 Lads Banter relativism.

You need to stop learning stupid phrases and ask why this Trump moron has just decided to put the world in right danger. The US army has just said it's going to deploy 3k troops to the Middle East to deal with the retaliation.

But it's a price worth paying to see the look on those feminists faces when that video came out of Trump saying he just grabs women's genitalia. Or when he said their was some fine people attending far right violent rallies. About someone stood up to those blacks.

No one is gonna remember all those right wing complaints about political correctness when the world is on fire.

You give senile racists an inch and they'll destroy the world.

Archived