The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You give senile racists an inch and they'll destroy the world.

The irony of your post is that if WW3 doesn't break out then it just looks a bit stupid, but if it does nobody will care.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Norman said:

You need to learn where the phrase came from. 

The masses have been fed a diet of rubbish for years now. The elites have profited whilst the people drank, smoked and ate themselves to death. Critical thought is now sharing fake news on social media. Lies created by people just wanting to get rich quick or by the elites themselves wanting to spread chaos. People who use phrases like cultural marxism. They pretend the threat to the dominance of the rich white man will also impact the poor white man, whilst caring as little for him as they do the 'minorities' whose identity politics they despise. The idea that the likes of Trump, Johnson and their ilk give a single fk about anyone other than themselves and their acquaintances is laughable. But nothing changes as you are all too scared of invented spectres. You want simple answers and someone to blame. The rich white man divides and rules, as a famous philosopher once said. I'm worried now it's already too late and our current 'strongman' leaders are just a hint of the evil to come. We have deteriorated so far in just ten years or so. How can we stop the rot before armageddon? 

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

The masses have been fed a diet of rubbish for years now. The elites have profited whilst the people drank, smoked and ate themselves to death. Critical thought is now sharing fake news on social media. Lies created by people just wanting to get rich quick or by the elites themselves wanting to spread chaos. People who use phrases like cultural marxism. They pretend the threat to the dominance of the rich white man will also impact the poor white man, whilst caring as little for him as they do the 'minorities' whose identity politics they despise. The idea that the likes of Trump, Johnson and their ilk give a single fk about anyone other than themselves and their acquaintances is laughable. But nothing changes as you are all too scared of invented spectres. You want simple answers and someone to blame. The rich white man divides and rules, as a famous philosopher once said. I'm worried now it's already too late and our current 'strongman' leaders are just a hint of the evil to come. We have deteriorated so far in just ten years or so. How can we stop the rot before armageddon? 

Well you've swallowed the left wing propaganda. Or does it not work that way? 

Stop using stupid phrases from philosophers like 'divide and rule' or can I not say that to you seeing as though I can't do the same? 

Stop being so dramatic. A Labour government took us to war over literally nothing only 20 years a go. And is currently led by a rich white man who had done nothing but divide and then try and rule. 

Funny old world, innit? 

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Norman said:

Stop using stupid phrases from philosophers like 'divide and rule' or can I not say that to you seeing as though I can't do the same? 

Stop being so dramatic. A Labour government took us to war over literally nothing only 20 years a go. And is currently led by a rich white man who had done nothing but divide and then try and rule. 

Funny old world, innit? 

Not real Labour blah blah blah

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Funny old world, innit? 

The famous philosopher was Diane Abbot btw, it went over your head.

I've swallowed the left wing propaganda that the guy who wanted to attract more non-whites and disabled people to the Lake District is less of a threat than a PM who has regularly used racist slurs to mock people different to privileged white elites. Or a president who thinks sexual assault is cool, defends violent far right extremists, locks up child immigrants, ban muslims from entering the US, pulls troops out of tense areas with no warnings or discussions, assassinates people meaning loads of troops now have to go back, actively encourages destruction of the environment etc etc etc. 

30 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

The famous philosopher was Diane Abbot btw, it went over your head.

I've swallowed the left wing propaganda that the guy who wanted to attract more non-whites and disabled people to the Lake District is less of a threat than a PM who has regularly used racist slurs to mock people different to privileged white elites. Or a president who thinks sexual assault is cool, defends violent far right extremists, locks up child immigrants, ban muslims from entering the US, pulls troops out of tense areas with no warnings or discussions, assassinates people meaning loads of troops now have to go back, actively encourages destruction of the environment etc etc etc. 

Obviously. It hasn't gone over my head unless you researched my quote. 

Obviously not. 

And there was me thinking Obama had a far worse immigration policy, deported far more, split up far more families as a result etc. 

We have Dianne Abbott making racist slurs, violent Antifa on the street, people who think losing an election is not democracy, a Labour Party that has been more divisive to this country and its self than ever before. 

It's easy this game. 

Rather 3000 American troops go to Iraq than all those that died looking for those weapons of mass destruction. 

Do I get more points in this game now? 

13 minutes ago, Norman said:

Rather 3000 American troops go to Iraq than all those that died looking for those weapons of mass destruction. 

The most depressing part of that line is - Jesus, we've had some Canutes in charge in the last god knows how long.

The Labour leadership race is going to be interesting. I think there are plenty of candidates that the PLP will be happy with, but not really any that will excite the membership who were sold on Corbyn's ideas

Just reading an article on Jess Phillips - weirdly a lot of her social/cultural politics remind me of @maxjam so I'd be interested to see what he makes of her. I'm not massively sold on her as a person, but I concede that she might do well against Boris Johnson. The irony being that she probably won't win the leadership because she can't unite the party and the membership - the very thing she consistently slated Corbyn for.

32 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

The Labour leadership race is going to be interesting. I think there are plenty of candidates that the PLP will be happy with, but not really any that will excite the membership who were sold on Corbyn's ideas

Just reading an article on Jess Phillips - weirdly a lot of her social/cultural politics remind me of @maxjam so I'd be interested to see what he makes of her. I'm not massively sold on her as a person, but I concede that she might do well against Boris Johnson. The irony being that she probably won't win the leadership because she can't unite the party and the membership - the very thing she consistently slated Corbyn for.

Who can unite the party?

8 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Who can unite the party?

Therein lies the problem - big divides between the PLP and the membership, and then between the membership and the traditional working class Labour voting communities

I'm not sure anyone can unite them. I think there are candidates who may unite 2 of them - but to get all 3 onside seems to have an element of mutual exclusivity. Throw the media into the mix, who will demonise anyone they see as a left of centre threat and it's a grim outlook

On 03/01/2020 at 10:55, Curtains said:

Now I quite enjoyed her stint on Have I Got News for You?

So that probably qualifies her for leadership of the country given that the current one developed their media persona by making stuff up for a newspaper ?

36 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Therein lies the problem - big divides between the PLP and the membership, and then between the membership and the traditional working class Labour voting communities

You don’t have any ‘traditional working class Labour voting communities’ left.. 

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I've swallowed the left wing propaganda that the guy who wanted to attract more non-whites and disabled people to the Lake District is less of a threat than a PM who has regularly used racist slurs to mock people different to privileged white elites. 

Yeah I mean that definitely makes him Prime Ministerial material, inviting people to do things based on the colour of their skin or because they have a disability.

Were Jews on the invite list out of interest?

I'm considering setting up opposition to Corbyn, I want to attract more white men to the 100m Olympic final and into rap music, can I rely on your vote?

Archived