Cocu at PSV

Ramfan1958

1 hour ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

But do they? Klopps Liverpool, Guardiola's City and dare say in time Mourinho's Spurs all look like their previous reincarnations.

Nah, Guardiola's City and Guardiola's Barcelona are very different, as well as his Bayern side. He adapted to the needs of the league and the country.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

He may have won the title but PSV fans I work with have said

.His  football was boring

.His tactics were negative 

.Possesion is everything.

.Pass backwards from the forwards to the defenders to the goalkeeper but don't give the ball away.!!!!

.His after match talks were the same every week we played well ,I'm proud of the players !!.

Finally the were really pleased once He was gone .

GET RID NOW BEFORE ITS TO LATE

The sweet odour of fresh BS. ?

13 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Brian Clough played boring football too. It was a key reason Longson and the board were not at all bothered about his resignation. They wanted to play with flair. In hindsight I would rather have the Clough style of football and 2 European Cup wins. 

Think you're a bit confused. Brian Clough's Derby were not boring, The had a simple style played by very skilful payers. Were you really there?

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

Think you're a bit confused. Brian Clough's Derby were not boring, The had a simple style played by very skilful payers. Were you really there?

Go read Stuart Webb's autobiography for insights into what the board were thinking at the time of Clough's departure... they thought the style was boring and lacked flair. MacKay's brief was to bring some flair to Derby.

6 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Go read Stuart Webb's autobiography for insights into what the board were thinking at the time of Clough's departure... they thought the style was boring and lacked flair. MacKay's brief was to bring some flair to Derby.

I read that book but I don’t remember reading that. 

11 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Suspect it is more relevant to compare against successful promotion winning champ teams than Barca, Bayern, City.

Most when starting from where we are took a while to build.

At last some common sense is beginning to creep on to these pages , took a while didn't it !

16 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I read that book but I don’t remember reading that. 

P.s. it’s balls anyway. They were a great team. 

The boring interviews is certainly true. Doesn't particularly bother me if he gets us going again but I do find his after-match interviews terribly boring and uninteresting. Unwatchable for me now. I just hope he girds up his loins to show something in the pre- and half time match team talks.

16 hours ago, rammieib said:

However all bar Boro at home (and kind of Forest/Wigan away) he’s trying the same tactics week in, week out.

Correct me if I’m wrong but doing the same thing week in, week out is the definition of .... The Cocu Way.

I would support him more if he could acknowledge his weaknesses and try something else. However a complete stubbornness to even do this just drives me crazy.

I think that's more about the long term. He wants all his sides with the youth teams to play the same way. That's why I think he abandoned the diamond. He wants the step from to be easy, but it only works if all the sides play the same way. 

That's the only explanation I can think of... 

In the end- I think he wants controlled patient football, until we score the first goal and then hit them on the counter for the second. 

It only works with a good defence that can play out from the back and technical players that can move the ball quickly, all of which, he doesn't have. 

2 hours ago, thelovebelow said:

In the end- I think he wants controlled patient football, until we score the first goal and then hit them on the counter for the second. 

It only works with a good defence that can play out from the back and technical players that can move the ball quickly, all of which, he doesn't have. 

Absolutely, and it's his job to be able to spot this and adapt accordingly.

12 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

I asked you if you were there? At the time there much more significant issues between Clough & Longson than playing style. Wouldn't necessarily believe all that Stuart Webb wrote in after the events justification.

Find me a fan of that time who thought Clough's style was boring after the European Cup exploits.

Archived