Cocu at PSV

Ramfan1958

He may have won the title but PSV fans I work with have said

.His  football was boring

.His tactics were negative 

.Possesion is everything.

.Pass backwards from the forwards to the defenders to the goalkeeper but don't give the ball away.!!!!

.His after match talks were the same every week we played well ,I'm proud of the players !!.

Finally the were really pleased once He was gone .

GET RID NOW BEFORE ITS TO LATE

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

He may have won the title but PSV fans I work with have said

.His  football was boring

.His tactics were negative 

.Possesion is everything.

.Pass backwards from the forwards to the defenders to the goalkeeper but don't give the ball away.!!!!

.His after match talks were the same every week we played well ,I'm proud of the players !!.

Finally the were really pleased once He was gone .

GET RID NOW BEFORE ITS TO LATE

Genuine question, how many trophies have PSV won since he left?

From what I read his football was good to watch until PSV took the lead and then they'd sit back and counter? They scored a lot of goals under him? I get the frustration with counter attacking football but my issue with Rowett was that he used it all the time. If he'd played a different hand when 0-0 or 0-1 then I'd have been a fan. His counter style was very effective once we took the lead. Not ugly either. So direct counter football definitely has a place. 

I don't really listen to interviews. They're all the same from anyone. Football is scripted off the pitch.

There are Derby fans that thought Mac needed to go. They thought he was a terrible tactician. Yet his record here should be the envy of every manager since. 

PSV scored goals, won titles and brought through good players. I know that's not everything but the vast majority surely saw it as a scary moment when his time ended. 

25 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

We need some balance here! Anyone work with a few Fenerbache fans?!

I know a Galatasary fan who works in town, he said as soon as we got Cocu that he wouldn't succeed, I thought he was just being a negative Nancy.

He told me recently that he went to Fernerbache, they wanted him to build something (similar to his task at Derby), but he completely ruined them. The current Fernebache manager inherited a completely ruined team and he had to stop them from going down.

Archived