Jack Marriott

RiddingsRam

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Sharp’s a good player, but getting him in and shipping Marriott out would make no difference if the lack of service was still there.

Exactly this. We create next to nothing. We could have Aguero playing for us and he’d do next to nothing with no service. 

On 23/12/2019 at 08:56, jimbobram said:

selling Jack would be a big mistake. I dont agree with those who say he is just a finisher, nothing more. Every time i see him play he runs his socks off and hassles defenders. I genuinely think the problem is with the lack of creativity behind the strikers as to why none of them are finding the net. remember waggy, martin and marriott are all struggling, whereas last year we didn't. Its not because they aren't good enough, its because the rest of the team aren't. 

You are Jack Marriott and I claim the £5.

Saying we create nothing is correct, however because of our lack of pace teams are able to push so far up the field that it makes it that much more difficult.

Having Aguero in the team would make a difference, anyone with pace will, it will create more space.

45 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Saying we create nothing is correct, however because of our lack of pace teams are able to push so far up the field that it makes it that much more difficult.

Having Aguero in the team would make a difference, anyone with pace will, it will create more space.

You are right about the pace but the one player we have who is sharp over the first few yards we do not play.

Marriott showed that at Wigan when he came on and started stretching their back two, who in turn dropped back from the high line they held in the first sixty minutes.

59 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

You are right about the pace but the one player we have who is sharp over the first few yards we do not play.

Marriott showed that at Wigan when he came on and started stretching their back two, who in turn dropped back from the high line they held in the first sixty minutes.

Is he fit ? Seems to be more out than in at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Hull have agreed a fee for a striker and expect to announce him (or her ?) today or tomorrow after successful conclusion of a medical. 

You would expect that will put the Marriott rumours to bed...unless it is Marriott...?‍♂️

If it is Marriott, then a successful conclusion to the medical is a bit optimistic!

Archived