Jack Marriott

RiddingsRam

1 hour ago, Sexydadbod said:

It boggles the mind why we haven’t tried Martin and Marriott up front together for a period of games. The game we did play them at home together , vs Preston, they linked up well and that was the best game we played all season. Give them at least 5 games in a row to get used to each other. Feck it, even if it’s a 4-4-2

It was Middlesbrough when they started together- vs Preston i was Martin on his Tod 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

It boggles the mind why we haven’t tried Martin and Marriott up front together for a period of games. The game we did play them at home together , vs Preston, they linked up well and that was the best game we played all season. Give them at least 5 games in a row to get used to each other. Feck it, even if it’s a 4-4-2

For them to be given a run of games together they both have to be fit enough to play. Martin seems to be in a better place health wise (although it's debatable whether he can play 3 games in a week) and Marriott picks up lots of little injuries. Giving them 5 games in a row isnt that simple.

The games we played them together were (10-man) Boro at home and Forest away (no goals), Preston was the game after those two, in which Marriott didn't feature.

39 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Whoever we play up front they need to 

A) be fit and available to play

B) score goals regularly 

currently no one gives an indication of being able to those things 

None of them get any sort of service what so ever 

I can’t imagine there’s too many forwards in the country that would score goals if they’re waiting for Lawrence to make the right decision, holmes to thread a pass or waghorn to get the ball under control 

I’m being slightly cynical but the stats tell the story 

18 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I can’t imagine there’s too many forwards in the country that would score goals if they’re waiting for Lawrence to make the right decision, holmes to thread a pass or waghorn to get the ball under control 

You could probably add the terrible crossing of our full backs. 

I like Marriott, and agree with most that given the right service, he will score a bag-full. Perhaps the reports we are getting about his attitude, and that he is not trying in training is because he is fed up with the same old same  old that the team is serving up game after game. He is the only natural goalscorer we have, so getting goals is his game. We have been crying out for a creative and adventurous midfield and a couple of quick wingers for a long time, and I am as sure as I can be, that if we get them, and they feed Jack,  he will score goals. Keep him at all cost!

4 minutes ago, ramant62 said:

I like Marriott, and agree with most that given the right service, he will score a bag-full. Perhaps the reports we are getting about his attitude, and that he is not trying in training is because he is fed up with the same old same  old that the team is serving up game after game. He is the only natural goalscorer we have, so getting goals is his game. We have been crying out for a creative and adventurous midfield and a couple of quick wingers for a long time, and I am as sure as I can be, that if we get them, and they feed Jack,  he will score goals. Keep him at all cost!

Well that’s a theory but given that there appears to have been problems from day 1 I tend to dismiss it 

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Not much of an argument on those 3 points and not cynical at all because we see it week in week out 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

May well be off somewhere 

i am hearing from very good sources that Billy Sharpe will be joining us on loan until the end of the season - we will see 

You obviously did not hear Cocu saying yesterday letting Jack go anywhere is not on their agenda.

54 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

My rumour is coming from within Sheffield United itself but like I said let’s wait and see but we have definitely been in for him apparently 

He's about 3 years past his best.

Welcome to Derby, Billy!

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

My rumour is coming from within Sheffield United itself but like I said let’s wait and see but we have definitely been in for him apparently 

Seriously? What a total farce that would be and just show how good our recruitment/manager is!

19 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

33yr old Billy Sharp over Jack Marriott. duck me!!

32 year old Billy Sharp scored 24 goals in this league last season, so that's no basis for an argument agianst him.

However, he isn't a player who creates his own opportunites with play outside of the box,  and I don't really see how he fits in or what opportunities our current midfield would ever be able to set up for him.

Archived