Jack Marriott

RiddingsRam

Significant pause? 

@hullcity linked with Jack Marriott at Derby, this is what Grant McCann told @HumbersideSport 

"Speculation, Jack's at a big football club, he's probably not playing as much as he'd want but he's not our player and (pause) that's all I can say."

#hcafc

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Significant pause? 

@hullcity linked with Jack Marriott at Derby, this is what Grant McCann told @HumbersideSport 

"Speculation, Jack's at a big football club, he's probably not playing as much as he'd want but he's not our player and (pause) that's all I can say."

#hcafc

We love giving our strikers to rival teams.

I hope Jack goes to Hull and scores a shed load of goals and goes up through the playoffs.

Sounds like this one probably will happen by all accounts. With Rooney coming in, we’ll have more than enough strikers without Marriott. His general play is poor at this level, doesn’t offer enough other than a threat from a through ball. It’s not good enough for me, and he’s not gonna get in the side ahead of our other players who are fitter and better in their overall game. He can go for me.

16 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

If he can’t train properly (which is evident he can’t) what example does it set to the academy. If we can get 5 million for him then let’s get a number 9 like Toney or Kodja in. 

Toney all day long. The latter on a long contract sounds like the Derby way though 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Sounds like this one probably will happen by all accounts. With Rooney coming in, we’ll have more than enough strikers without Marriott. His general play is poor at this level, doesn’t offer enough other than a threat from a through ball. It’s not good enough for me, and he’s not gonna get in the side ahead of our other players who are fitter and better in their overall game. He can go for me.

Stays for me best chance of getting goals of  the players on the books and his energy,team play and defensive work be work is far better than Waghorns.Plus you will not be seeing  Rooney in a striking role often more has a ten.

2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Toney all day long. The latter on a long contract sounds like the Derby way though 

What makes you think Toney would be an improvement on Marriott? His strike rate for Peterborough playing in the same division, against the same level of opposition is not as good as Marriotts was.

Assuming he's fully match fit, I'd play Marriott ahead of Waghorn every time if Martin is alongside him - unlike Waggy, he doesn't chase lost causes, leaving Martin isolated up front far too often.

Marriott is a natural finisher. If we can no longer play in a way that suits him, get rid.

The alternative is to make the best of him, and play him with Martin in a two.

I'd hedge towards that being more successful than we've seen so far.

Archived