Jack Marriott

RiddingsRam

23 hours ago, Squid said:

That’s next summer ? 

12 hours ago, Squid said:

Seeing as the summer of 2019 has gone, I personally call 2020 "this summer" ? 

10 hours ago, Squid said:

Yes as I mean this week coming up.

Actually, I quite like your theory. 
I have made a few calculations based on a starting point of the year of my birth, and using your methodology, we are currently the reigning league champions, as we haven't reached 1976 yet.

...Probably.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad about Jack as I deffo think he is going to go to another club and score a hat full . Derby is not the place for him lets just make sure we get our money back if possible and maybe more but I don't see how with his recent record . 

Its very sad as I think Derby are at fault not building the side around him like ramage says .

If ever there was a 2nd bobby davison jack is it .

13 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

I know I'm being lazy, but I started looking at this at work but then had to do some actual work!

Any chance you can do goals per minute for Derby,  be interested to see who is most productive in that regard.

13 hours ago, JfR said:

As minutes per goal in the league this season:
Martin - 242.5 mins per goal (4 goals in 970 mins)
Waghorn - 264.3 mins per goal (6 goals in 1586 mins)
Lawrence - 374.4 mins per goal (5 goals in 1872 mins)
Paterson - 493 mins per goal (1 goal in 493 mins)
Shinnie - 538 mins per goal (1 goal in 538 mins)
Marriott - 727 mins per goal (1 goal in 727 mins)
Huddlestone - 856 mins per goal (1 goal in 856 mins)
Malone - 1160 mins per goal (1 goal in 1160 mins)

Full list of current players in all competitions throughout their Derby careers (first team games only)...

Marriott - 220 minutes per goal (15)
Martin - 224 minutes per goal (68)
Waghorn - 225 minutes per goal (19)
Buchanan - 315 minutes per goal (1)
Lawrence - 467 minutes per goal (18)
Bennett - 472 minutes per goal (6)
Paterson - 490 minutes per goal (1)
Jozefzoon - 710 minutes per goal (3)
Shinnie - 711 minutes per goal (1)
Thorne - 990 minutes per goal (5)
Malone - 1303 minutes per goal (3)
Holmes - 1675 minutes per goal (2)
Anya - 2032 minutes per goal (1)
Bogle - 2933 minutes per goal (2)
Forsyth - 4073 minutes per goal (4)
Huddlestone - 5113 minutes per goal (3)
Davies - 6116 minutes per goal (1)

I was surprised to see our three main forwards with such similar scoring rates, and for Bennett to be so high.

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Full list of current players in all competitions throughout their Derby careers (first team games only)...

Marriott - 220 minutes per goal (15)
Martin - 224 minutes per goal (68)
Waghorn - 225 minutes per goal (19)
Buchanan - 315 minutes per goal (1)
Lawrence - 467 minutes per goal (18)
Bennett - 472 minutes per goal (6)
Paterson - 490 minutes per goal (1)
Jozefzoon - 710 minutes per goal (3)
Shinnie - 711 minutes per goal (1)
Thorne - 990 minutes per goal (5)
Malone - 1303 minutes per goal (3)
Holmes - 1675 minutes per goal (2)
Anya - 2032 minutes per goal (1)
Bogle - 2933 minutes per goal (2)
Forsyth - 4073 minutes per goal (4)
Huddlestone - 5113 minutes per goal (3)
Davies - 6116 minutes per goal (1)

I was surprised to see our three main forwards with such similar scoring rates, and for Bennett to be so high.

Whilst Bennett has many appearances he doesn’t have that many minutes on the pitch - I also believe we have missed him this season whilst Holmes has a poor goal scoring record for someone who has played in an attacking central midfield role so much

31 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Sad about Jack as I deffo think he is going to go to another club and score a hat full . Derby is not the place for him lets just make sure we get our money back if possible and maybe more but I don't see how with his recent record . 

Its very sad as I think Derby are at fault not building the side around him like ramage says .

If ever there was a 2nd bobby davison jack is it .

It could be a big mistake to let him go but I think there's a much bigger problem - you agreeing with something Ramage said. You need help!

I can see why Marriott would be annoyed at his lack of game time, he came here expecting first team championship football, and he hasn’t had that this season. But simply put, you don’t get in the team if you don’t impress when you get the chance/ work hard enough to get a chance. Evidently, Marriott has done neither, so he is where he is. But you can’t really begrudge him for wanting to leave. As always with transfers like this mind, a loan deal for a player like him would be incredibly disappointing.

The Athletic seem to be well in the know, so this is clearly more than just ITK rumours now.

Just now, Dcfcsr92 said:

What do you expect when he only comes on for the last 10mins of a game 

That's just false though, isn't it. Even when he started games, he's not got a great scoring record. This season he ain't playing because when he gets his chances in the team he ain't taking them. Marriott gets a huge amount of excuses made for him, he's been our worst striker this season. Overrated.

We definitely don't create enough chances in general.

But Marriott's shot:goal ratio this season is 13:1. That's not good.

For example, Lawrence's - the player who's touted as our most wasteful attacker - is 11:1

Chris Martin's is 3:1. 

Waghorn is also very wasteful. His ratio is only 6:1 but I think more than half of his goals have come from penalties and a FK; which skews his record down massively.

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

The Athletic seem to be well in the know, so this is clearly more than just ITK rumours now

I'm not so sure, a new reporter in a new area, not sure he'd have cultivated deep enough contacts to know much more than skimming this forum would provide.

He didn't even know Rooney had been in to spend a few days before his holiday.

I’ll be very disappointed when we sell jack. I like him. 

But unless we are prepared to play two strikers, he needs to move for the good of his own career. 

21 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'm not so sure, a new reporter in a new area, not sure he'd have cultivated deep enough contacts to know much more than skimming this forum would provide.

He didn't even know Rooney had been in to spend a few days before his holiday.

His only exclusive so far was to reveal we had cancelled a Christmas party which we'd actually not even organised yet.

Best to stay sceptical, if you ask me.

21 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

His only exclusive so far was to reveal we had cancelled a Christmas party which we'd actually not even organised yet.

Best to stay sceptical, if you ask me.

I'm not knocking him, some of his articles have been really good, but a lot of The Athletic writers have the advantage of writing about teams they've covered for years, with the inside track that comes with it.

Marriott is a decent striker.

We, as a club, are in no position to be letting players of his calibre go. Derby County is on its arse. We are a struggling second division side, one that creates the least(?) chances of any team in the entire division. He obviously isn't happy about his playing time, no decent player in a team this bad should be, so Hull will benefit at our expense. 

They have two of the best wingers in the division that can cater for him, we have Lawrence who is one of the least creative wingers in the division and... well, yeah, Lawrence. 

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Marriott is a decent striker.

We, as a club, are in no position to be letting players of his calibre go. Derby County is on its arse. We are a struggling second division side, one that creates the least(?) chances of any team in the entire division. He obviously isn't happy about his playing time, no decent player in a team this bad should be, so Hull will benefit at our expense. 

They have two of the best wingers in the division that can cater for him, we have Lawrence who is one of the least creative wingers in the division and... well, yeah, Lawrence. 

We're mid table for "big chances created" - 35

We're 9th for "big chances missed" - 25

For comparison:

Leeds are 61-40, they've had the most and missed the most

Forest are 30-14, 19th for chances created but only two teams have missed less

Safe to say we're more wasteful than most but by no way create the least (Cardiff - 27)

Archived