Jack Marriott

RiddingsRam

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Rambalin said:

Stays for me best chance of getting goals of  the players on the books and his energy,team play and defensive work be work is far better than Waghorns.Plus you will not be seeing  Rooney in a striking role often more has a ten.

We don’t play a 10

Marriott will be a late bloomer. He’ll be promoted with a side built around him, and when he bangs them in in the Premier League, you’ll be sick of features from MOTD and Sky on the “rise of Jack Marriott” as if he was an unearthed gem.

Until then, I think we have to accept with some frustration that it’s not going to happen for him at Derby. Convinced there’s a Premier League player in there though.

47 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Marriott will be a late bloomer. He’ll be promoted with a side built around him, and when he bangs them in in the Premier League, you’ll be sick of features from MOTD and Sky on the “rise of Jack Marriott” as if he was an unearthed gem.

Until then, I think we have to accept with some frustration that it’s not going to happen for him at Derby. Convinced there’s a Premier League player in there though.

If he got some service I am sure it would....forwards are playing off scraps....

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If he got some service I am sure it would....forwards are playing off scraps....

Yes it doesn’t help that Tom Lawrence dribbles with his shins into every defender and the rest of the midfield embark on a mission to lose 3-0 every time we play away in the South East, but he still heavily relies on a special kind of service - one we cannot supply at present.

He’s a passenger without midfielders as talented as Wilson and Mount. With them, he’s unplayable for opposition defenders.

54 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Natural goal scorer yet has a poor goal scoring record for us?

Waghorn
Total shots - 46
Shots per 90 - 2.6
Goals - 6
Shots per goal - 7.67

Lawrence
Total shots - 55
Shots per 90 - 2.6
Goals - 5
Shots per goal - 11

Martin
Total shots - 18
Shots per 90 - 1.7
Goals - 4
Shots per goal - 4.5

Marriott
Total shots - 28
Shots per 90 - 3.5
Goals - 1
Shots per goal - 28

Martin is by far the most clinical player at the club... he just doesn't shoot often enough.

34 minutes ago, Jack Willow said:

I'd say if Hull City sells J. Bowen to W.B.A., then there's a possibility that J. Marriott could be heading to Hull.

Hull are not going to sell to WBA and want a reported upwards of 20million for Bowen.

If we were too be bringing in Madison then it makes no sense to sell the one player he would have a instant understanding with.

When Marriott played up front on his own  with Mount and Wilson behind him last season he scored seven in eleven starts, which shows the problem is in the creativity behind him not with his finishing.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Waghorn
Total shots - 46
Shots per 90 - 2.6
Goals - 6
Shots per goal - 7.67

Lawrence
Total shots - 55
Shots per 90 - 2.6
Goals - 5
Shots per goal - 11

Martin
Total shots - 18
Shots per 90 - 1.7
Goals - 4
Shots per goal - 4.5

Marriott
Total shots - 28
Shots per 90 - 3.5
Goals - 1
Shots per goal - 28

Martin is by far the most clinical player at the club... he just doesn't shoot often enough.

If I was manager that would be one of my first questions. 

Chris - you used to be a 20 goals per season striker. 

What happened to that hunger for goals? 

He is such a talented footballer and has a cool head in front of goal. 

He needs to be that bit more selfish and pull the trigger. 

Archived