v Wigan Athletic (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Apart from the fact that you and good grammar parted company a long time ago, you do realise that you want the man who is doing exactly what you want - giving young players the opportunity - to go, right?

And bear in mind, he didn't sign the players who are letting the team down, but he is bringing the youngsters in.

I'd scrap you ambitions to become a trial lawyer if I were you.

I'd try being a nicer person and attack the ball not the player. Have a nice day. 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If we get relegated it'd look cheap to get rid. 

It's going to look cheap regardless. A drop in the ocean when we take into account everything. Our expenditure, wages, ability to attract quality players. The value of up and coming players, promotion/relegation ? and new investment. 

It's not a justifiable reason to keep him on. 

No matter how much you Cocu Out lot moan, he ain't going anywhere and neither should he. 

I thought we'd had enough short term ism, it's why we are where we are. 

This season, what we're you expecting exactly? 

We won't get relegated, players will come in and players will leave so maybe start your Cocu out nonsense this time next season if you must, at least allow him a couple of transfer windows and the opportunity to get rid off some dross. 

If it's like this at the same time next season, that would be different, maybe. 

21 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Winnable in the sense that we’re at home to two sides that around/below us in the league... I haven’t said “we will win them” but regardless of how we’ve been playing, these kind of games at home are “winnable.”

The way people have been reacting is as if we’re never going to win a game ever again. If we can’t be hopeful of beating Barnsley at home then we may as well all pack it in and prepare for League One next season because then there really is no hope.

Its been over a month since we won any game now. This run of games was supposed to be a nice easy run against 7 teams below us and so far we've lost 3-0 to Reading and absolutely robbed the bottom side of a point.

Maybe things will change when Rooney joins the team, but until then i wouldnt be hopeful of winning anything.

I will back Cocu as long as we arent in the relegation zone and he needs a bit of time to see how any new signings do. However this is only because i dont want to completely change style/manager again - i'm not convinced we will be particularly entertaining under Cocu.

28 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Winnable in the sense that we’re at home to two sides that around/below us in the league... I haven’t said “we will win them” but regardless of how we’ve been playing, these kind of games at home are “winnable.”

The way people have been reacting is as if we’re never going to win a game ever again. If we can’t be hopeful of beating Barnsley at home then we may as well all pack it in and prepare for League One next season because then there really is no hope.

Look at Barnsley's stats the last few games... exciting matches..lots of shots...loads of shots on target....lots of creditable results.... Barnsley at the moment are a far far better team than us! 

57 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Perhaps that’s because we are so poor we allowed them to look good. We are sliding inexorably downwards. There are no signs that we will turn any corner; anybody who believes things will change is deluded. 

Add an actual centre half, a fit and sharp Bielik, Wayne Rooney and one or two players to help in attacking areas... a bona fide wide player for one, Tom Huddlestone fit, Shinnie fit...surely you must accept that that these things can only help us to turn a corner? 

3 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Add an actual centre half, a fit and sharp Bielik, Wayne Rooney and one or two players to help in attacking areas... a bona fide wide player for one, Tom Huddlestone fit, Shinnie fit...surely you must accept that that these things can only help us to turn a corner? 

For me it’s about performance not player ability. The performance and its operation is flawed. 

54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It couldn't we're dropping like a stone. Wigan looked like a footballing team compared to us.

Too right. The style, players, confidence the lack of passion could not be more unstable. I just do not think Cocu understands this league or club. Needs an experienced motivating leader who understands how to win in this league.

I feel a bit sorry for him tbh I do not think he knew what he was getting himself into. I think that is what happened to him in Turkey too.

58 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

No matter how much you Cocu Out lot moan, he ain't going anywhere and neither should he. 

We won't get relegated, players will come in and players will leave so maybe start your Cocu out nonsense this time next season if you must, at least allow him a couple of transfer windows and the opportunity to get rid off some dross. 

It's pointless trying.... They ain't listening ???

58 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

All fine and good but how do you explain Bielsa then?  first season he spent less than Cocu has already, his side had finished 13th the year before (our comparison was the play offs) or Swansea losing James and McBurnie and making improvements generally.  It's about man management.  This guy does not have it.

I am not sure how anyone, least of all Mel, can stay calm at this point.

This has been on the cards for weeks.

All of the teams around us that looked dead and buried and miles away - Middlesbrough, Stoke, Huddersfield, Luton, even Barnsley and Wigan - are improving, picking up points and showing some desire and some fight.

We are winless in seven league games and have picked up 3 points out of 21 in the most lacklustre fashion.

That six point gap will be whittled away in no time at all.

Archived