v Wigan Athletic (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Curtains said:

I just don’t get this sacking our managers all the time stuff. 

Clement, Maclaren could be argued wasnt warranted due to league position etc. This is warranted. 

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You have very low expectations

Watched Wigan play some very tidy stuff at Blackburn and they were unlucky at ours I thought to not get a point so as much as I predicted a 3-1 W I’ll gladly take a point too. Such is this league even a couple of draws next two (2 pts against a W and a L 3pts better?) we’ll have a huge lift with Rooney, optimist till the end ?

11 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Wigan actually played some really neat football. We've played far worse teams this season.

Perhaps that’s because we are so poor we allowed them to look good. We are sliding inexorably downwards. There are no signs that we will turn any corner; anybody who believes things will change is deluded. 

9 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

People are willing to accept a mid-table finish as a result. I don't it's fair to lay the blame at the feet of the young players. They should be getting the opportunities. The manager needs to go now. He is offering nothing. 

Apart from the fact that you and good grammar parted company a long time ago, you do realise that you want the man who is doing exactly what you want - giving young players the opportunity - to go, right?

And bear in mind, he didn't sign the players who are letting the team down, but he is bringing the youngsters in.

I'd scrap you ambitions to become a trial lawyer if I were you.

6 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

What's the record with Roos vs Hamer?

Who else can play centre half? 

Complaints about tactics...hmmm...I'll buy you a sow's ear, if you make me a silk purse out of it.

Hamer has been at fault less personally than Roos and I do not have my heart in my mouth every time a cross or free kick comes in.

Wisdom can play there.  Bielek also.  Hunt is on loan, cannot be any worse.  

Well what has Cook had to spend at Wigan? We have just been outplayed by them.  Gary Monk at Sheff Wed (no pre-season), Cooper at Swansea (losing McBurnie and Dan James), Rowett (getting Millwall playing.  He is not getting anywhere near the best out of the players.  In the first half we broke and got to the half way line and ended up playing it back to our keeper, going long and losing it on the half way line....only with Coco!

• Hamer 7
  • bogle 6
  • lowe 6
  • davies 5
  • forsyth 4
  • bielik 4
  • holmes 6
  • knight 6
  • waghorn 7
  • martin 5
  • lawrence 5

I enjoyed it tbh. I thought for half an hour in the second half it was pretty entertaining, end to end stuff.

we are crying out for a winger but these sprogs keep me interested. If only we had another competitive central midfielder with some fire in his belly.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I just don’t get this sacking our managers all the time stuff. 

I am not one who does this stuff. No one is listing any good reason as to why he should stay as manager. I have been patient but I have seen nothing to make me think we can turn this around through the manager himself. I've seen one good performance in the last 15 games. Never mind the results, one good performance. 

Just now, Curtains said:

You assume a cchange off manager wouldn’t destabilize us even more. 

Lol. You have studied his posts for the past three seasons haven't you. ?

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Perhaps that’s because we are so poor we allowed them to look good. We are sliding inexorably downwards. There are no signs that we will turn any corner; anybody who believes things will change is deluded. 

Maybe, I dunno.

Shinner said that they are a really good team in possession but just lack a cutting edge, but in all honesty I haven't seen them play.

And there rarely are signs before a team turns the corner.

We think there were when we look back because of hindsight bias, but more often than not changes just happen out of the blue.

I could give you dozens of examples.

I'm not saying Derby are about to turn the corner, we could well be doing 100 mph down a dead end - I'm just saying it's impossible to know until after the fact.

Archived