V Blackburn (A) Matchday Thread

peachmyster
Message added by Day

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I hate to say it but it’s a massive concern that it’s the first week of December and it’s not obvious to anyone what system we are setting up with.

Is it 3-4-3, 3-4-2-1, 3-5-2, 5-4-1 or 4-2-3-1?

Let’s hope the opposition are just as thrown.

You could think that, or it could be that Cocu wants us to be tactically flexible and adapt systems to opposition. The more systems the players are able to play, the better their understanding of football. Maybe this approach is better long term. 

Or I could be talking out of my A hole and Cocu doesn't have a clue. ?

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Your heart always sinks when you see the team

Not always, and I wouldn’t say results have proved me wrong in the main. Maybe he’ll surprise me and and play 3 at the back like that team should be doing, but he didn’t last week so I’m not convinced at all.

2 minutes ago, thelovebelow said:

You could think that, or it could be that Cocu wants us to be tactically flexible and adapt systems to opposition. The more systems the players are able to play, the better their understanding of football. Maybe this approach is better long term. 

Or I could be talking out of my A hole and Cocu doesn't have a clue. ?

Maybe that is what he is aiming for. But are the players actually capable of being so tactically fluid?

I mean look at Wilder and Sheffield United. They have a system and each player has his role, and it’s left to the opposition to try and stop them. Not the other way around.

Personally I’ve always thought it’s better to have one system and one approach you do extremely well and then build from there.

Changing systems on a game by game basis is dare I say only going to leave the players (and everyone else) confused.

Well that looks a truly awful team on paper !!

No balance at all. Bogle looked lost last week when he played right wing and we only have Martin who can hold the ball up

and he's not playing ??

Oh well just hope Cocu knows what he is doing ?????????

34 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I hate to say it but it’s a massive concern that it’s the first week of December and it’s not obvious to anyone what system we are setting up with.

Is it 3-4-3, 3-4-2-1, 3-5-2, 5-4-1 or 4-2-3-1?

Let’s hope the opposition are just as thrown.

“Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes” 

Brian Howard Clough, OBE

Archived