V Blackburn (A) Matchday Thread

peachmyster
Message added by Day

Another Blackburn corner. Claimed by Hamer.

Our defenders are actually playing well. And our midfielders are playing quite well when Blackburn have the ball. 

But with the ball, our midfielders & Waghorn have all been universally awful; and our defenders have only been average. 

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waghorn played in behind. But flagged offside. Nice finish though. 

You know Waghorn's offside because the defenders were yards behind him and there's no defenders that much slower than Waghorn. 

This is tragic. 

Our build up play is so slow. All we gain from it is more possession. But then a combination of either losing the ball through individuals not being competent of playing 5-10 yard passes or being absolutely clueless in the final third, we offer absolutely no threat.

I hope I'm wrong, but if Blackburn find a goal I don't see how we are going to get back into this game. It's pretty clear to me why we are so terrible away from home. We're just a sitting duck waiting for Blackburn to score and then maybe we'll react after that.

Just now, Coconut said:

Who passed it?

Didn't see tbh - wasn't expecting positive Derby play. One of Bielik or Lawrence, I think.

Meanwhile, Blackburn work a good chance but Hamer saves well.

Kieran Dowell gets the ball in space, an excellent opportunity to create something just before the half.

His pass isn't within 20 yards of a Derby player. 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Holmes 

But he’s got no quality in the final third like 

He's got tons of potential quality. But one good pass vs 10 shocking ones does not a good player make. He needs to massively improve the rate at which he finds Derby players with them.

Archived