v QPR (H) Match Thread

peachmyster

12 minutes ago, sage said:

Why have we made wholesale changes for a home game?

We need 3 at the back in away games, but we have just won 5 on the trot at home. 

It's probably to give fans something else to whinge about now Roos isn't in the starting eleven

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rampant said:

If you believe fans of the clubs he's been at then Hamer is bobbins. Hopefully he's going to prove them wrong.

Teams who let GKs go usually do so following a run of bad form in their most recent spell. I can't remember a time where we signed a goalkeeper with old fans saying "you've got a great one there" unless they climbed levels with the transfer.

Wigan fans were adamant Carson was pony.

That being said I'll be (happily) surprised if he's much better than Roos

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I think the system change is a result of Shinnie's injury; we didn't look all that balanced against Preston, especially in the second half. And especially not against Fulham

As for the changes to personnel; if players are good at home but awful away, you can't drop them after playing well at home; if you also didn't drop them after awful away performances because they've played well in past home games they never lose their place despite being crap in half of all games.

There are a couple of players lucky to retain their place after Fulham - Lawrence and Holmes were poor, and owe us something today.  Chris Martin did not turn up Tuesday - it was the ideal game for him to engage and put himself about against a crowd hostile towards him, but he seemed pretty half-arsed throughout.  Can’t really make a defence for Waghorn other than he was played out of position, but hopefully he will run the front line well today to create some space for Marriott.  Hope Hamer and Wisdom play well and take their opportunity.

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Another week ... more changes In Personal and another tactical change 

Cocu is Either a shrewd cookie or has no idea on what’s his best 11 and tactics

i have no idea which it is currently im leaning towards one opinion but reserving judgment to after January 

I'm fearing option 2 of late.

Let's see how it pans out today but I think his tinkering isnt a great sign.

Archived