v QPR (H) Match Thread

peachmyster

16 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Really really need a big victory here. QPR have been really struggling defensively, we need to be putting teams like this to the sword. Can’t carry on with this lack of attacking quality, I want to see a big scoreline (in our favour!) on Saturday. All ends up we should be winning this one if we want to achieve anything this season. Anything else ain’t good enough imo. Anyway, team for me:

Hamer

Wisdom Davies Forsyth Lowe

Bielik Bird

Whittaker Holmes Paterson

Martin

Much as it pains me to say it, Roos confidence looks shot. Think we have to leave him out and have Hamer come in in his place. Bogle has been poor since the break, become greedy and wasteful in the final third. Give him a kick up the arse so to speak with a match out. Evans is too immobile next to Bielik for me, so Bird in there. Both wingers were absolutely useless against Fulham, totally ineffective, so swap them both out. 

Simply put, needs to be a much higher work rate off the ball than there was on Tuesday. Need to not be so passive and actually battle and press QPR for every ball. Need to see that desire, the team need to know you won’t get anything from a match if you don’t go in willing to fight for it. In attack, I want to see much more intelligent movement from the players coming in than those dropped. Need to create more clear cut chances. Don’t want to see players being greedy in the final third, when the pass is on for gods sake just release the ball and don’t dribble into trouble!

Not knocking you personally for your choice of team but my goodness that's a poor side.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QPR haven't won in 6 games and I don't think they have kept a clean sheet all season.

My team would be:

Hamer

Bogle Davies Forsyth Lowe

Bielik

Knight               Holmes

Lawrence

Martin        Marriott

Bench: Roos, Wisdom, Evans, Whittaker, Waghorn, Paterson, Dowell

Ok for Saturday I'd go for Ravas or Mitchell in net , it's obvious Hamer isn't going to be here long term and really not sure why we signed him , if he was good enough he'd surely have been put in by now and I think it's quite obvious Roos isn't good enough all though I don't really want to lay into him . I think Sibley deserves his chance . See what he can do on the main stage . 

Ravas/Mitchell

Wisdom        Davies.          Forsyth.      Lowe 

Bielik

Sibley 

Bogle.                    Lawrence.           Holmes 

Martin 

21 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Ok for Saturday I'd go for Ravas or Mitchell in net , it's obvious Hamer isn't going to be here long term and really not sure why we signed him , if he was good enough he'd surely have been put in by now and I think it's quite obvious Roos isn't good enough all though I don't really want to lay into him . I think Sibley deserves his chance . See what he can do on the main stage . 

Ravas/Mitchell

Wisdom        Davies.          Forsyth.      Lowe 

Bielik

Sibley 

Bogle.                    Lawrence.           Holmes 

Martin 

If you're looking for someone more assured than Roos, I really don't think Mitchell is your man. Haven't seen enough of Ravas to make a judgement, although @OwenB87 once referred to him as the 'nicest man in football'.

21 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Really really need a big victory here. QPR have been really struggling defensively, we need to be putting teams like this to the sword. Can’t carry on with this lack of attacking quality, I want to see a big scoreline (in our favour!) on Saturday. All ends up we should be winning this one if we want to achieve anything this season. Anything else ain’t good enough imo. Anyway, team for me:

Hamer

Wisdom Davies Forsyth Lowe

Bielik Bird

Whittaker Holmes Paterson

Martin

Much as it pains me to say it, Roos confidence looks shot. Think we have to leave him out and have Hamer come in in his place. Bogle has been poor since the break, become greedy and wasteful in the final third. Give him a kick up the arse so to speak with a match out. Evans is too immobile next to Bielik for me, so Bird in there. Both wingers were absolutely useless against Fulham, totally ineffective, so swap them both out. 

Simply put, needs to be a much higher work rate off the ball than there was on Tuesday. Need to not be so passive and actually battle and press QPR for every ball. Need to see that desire, the team need to know you won’t get anything from a match if you don’t go in willing to fight for it. In attack, I want to see much more intelligent movement from the players coming in than those dropped. Need to create more clear cut chances. Don’t want to see players being greedy in the final third, when the pass is on for gods sake just release the ball and don’t dribble into trouble!

We have been doing ok at home, no need for all of those changes....

21 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I'd even be tempted to put Sibley in place of Evans but is two young full backs and two young midfielders too inexperienced a line up if things go badly?

I agree, you know that it could go badly wrong but somehow maybe now while we are in the doldrums rather than the grave it’s worth a pop. Experiment when your nearly there and you risk losing something. Experiment when your back is against the wall adds huge pressure. Right now though ? Sort of mid table, choked carburettors ... go on hit the loud pedal. Nothing to lose. Give Sibley a go I say.

Hamer

Bogle   Evans   Forsyth   Lowe

Bielik

Knight         Holmes

Lawerence 

Martin     Marriott

Change keeper - obviously 
Don’t think knight has played for the youth team’s this week (I think) so maybe due to replace shinnies energy

Evans at the back - Davies is getting on and has come back from a serious injury so look towards the future of that position??

marriott to play in behind and give them something to think about going the other way. Allows more space for Martin

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Roos

bogle Davies Forsyth Lowe

Belick

Knight    Dowell 

Lawrence    

Marriott Martin 

Yep I’d go with that - but bring  Hamer in 

got be worth a punt!

ROOS

BOGLE.     EVANS.   FOZZY.     LOWE

BIELIK

KNIGHT.    SIBLEY

LAWRENCE.    MARTIN.    WHITTAKER

On 28/11/2019 at 21:45, jono said:

I agree, you know that it could go badly wrong but somehow maybe now while we are in the doldrums rather than the grave it’s worth a pop. Experiment when your nearly there and you risk losing something. Experiment when your back is against the wall adds huge pressure. Right now though ? Sort of mid table, choked carburettors ... go on hit the loud pedal. Nothing to lose. Give Sibley a go I say.

Yep, give him his head. He’s got an edge, a bit of attitude but is young, has got the legs and knows where the goal is. Remind you of someone who’s just arrived when he was young?? Get him in and ready for the new year, the sorcerer & his apprentice playing alongside each other and tearing up this league. It’s Friday night and a bit of alcohol is involved but you have to dare to dream. Every young professional footballers dream to play alongside a footballing legend, Seize the opportunity and there is nothing to lose. Relegation isn’t an issue, release the shackles and lets see where the second half of the season takes us. COYR

Archived