Kelle Roos

Bob The Badger

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Taribo said:

I’ve often been called one of the greatest coaches in the game based on these four principles:

1) catch it

2) head it

3) Kick it

4) do a goal

Nah, I think you're over-complicating it there.

I recently listened to a 'Goalkeepers Union' podcast where Roos is interviewed. Interestingly when asked about his play-off final mistake it sounds like he hasn't really dealt with it.

His argument is that he'd done his best in training, he's not apologising about it and these things happen 'It wasn't to be that day,  that's painful, and for me there's no more baggage than that'.

I do wonder if he consciously is trying to blank it out it's not quite working. His biggest mistake came from trying to catch the ball, so now he tries to punch it all the time even when catching seems the better option. 

19 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's a very average keeper. The defence look calmer with Hamer in goal, who looks fairly solid. 

Roos isn’t even that good with his feet either. He’s ever so slightly better than Carson in that department but he’s still not good as good as people make him out to be with his feet. And at least fans aren’t having heart attacks anymore when someone puts a cross around our defence or keeper

Hamer is doing ok but is not that much better than Roos.

i'd be tempted to give roos another go.

We have to develop our own players and the pathway may not always be smooth (eg lowe) but give them a bit of time and a proper go at it before making a decision on them.

5 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m actually surprised by Hamer. I thought he would be really poo, but he’s been okay so far. Not a long term solution I don’t think, but he’s far from the main problem at the minute.

Hammer is a safer option right now, Roos feels like damaged goods; short term higher priorities but end of season there has to be better options out there.

7 minutes ago, cannable said:

Can’t believe David Raya was never on our radar. Unbelievable against us when we had Southport in the cup a few years ago and since then it turns out he’s good with his feet. 

I find it hard to believe he wasn't on our radar... but, we probably didn't want to pay more than the £3m Brentford did.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Confidence was dropping game by game, largely due to the fans

Oh well we'll play our games behind closed doors for Roos then. His confidence being low might be down to the fact he cannot do what is being asked of him by the coaches - ie be confident in the air, command his box, etc. He's an average keeper.

24 minutes ago, cannable said:

Can’t believe David Raya was never on our radar. Unbelievable against us when we had Southport in the cup a few years ago and since then it turns out he’s good with his feet. 

I'd have to disagree with that. He is excellent shot stopper, I'd say best in the league, but definitely not good with the ball on his feet.

Archived