Warnock

maxjam

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I thought he was retiring at the end of the season. Seems a bit harsh - could have given him the season after he got them promoted to the Prem. 

It says mutual consent.  There is no hint as to who made the first move.

It could quite easily be a case of them finally admitting defeat with Nantes, and telling the gaffer he now has no available transfer funds for the foreseeable... So Colin waves goodbye?

Or maybe just the stress of that whole situation has ground him down... He is 70 after all!

He also leaves with what appear to be genuinely fond words for all at the club, which isn't usually so, when someone has reluctantly "accepted the sack"!

All conjecture on my part, of course, but as is the norm, we don't know the details, and likely never will! 

……………………………………………………………….
image.png
May the fallen rest in peace.
May those that return, have the fortune to live in peace.

You've got bare in mind he's 70, probably just had a "i don't need this poo" huff and the board said "fair enough on you trot Colin"  - I can see it being genuinely mutual.

Then in three months time his wife will no longer be able to stand having him round the house and he'll show up at Boro (or similar) with a brief to keep them up til the end of the season.

37 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

You've got bare in mind he's 70, probably just had a "i don't need this poo" huff and the board said "fair enough on you trot Colin"  - I can see it being genuinely mutual.

Then in three months time his wife will no longer be able to stand having him round the house and he'll show up at Boro (or similar) with a brief to keep them up til the end of the season.

Absolute piffle.....

No way she will last 3 months ?

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Are you suggesting what I think you’re suggesting. If so, you can stop that nonsense right now. 

I'd have him here tomorrow.  Not sure about the last one though

Scarborough Football Conference champions, 1986–87[48]

Notts County Football League Third Division Play-off winners 1989–90[48]

Notts County Football League Second Division Play-off winners 1990–91[48]

Huddersfield Town Football League Second Division Play-off winners 1994–95[48]

Plymouth Argyle Football League Third Division Play-off winners 1995–96[48]

Sheffield United Football League Championship runners-up 2005–06[48]

Queens Park Rangers Football League Championship winners 2010–11[48]

Cardiff City Football League Championship runners-up 2017–18[48]

Huddersfield Town Yorkshire Electricity Cup winners 1994–95

14 hours ago, cannable said:

Could you imagine Warnockball with that set of players though? It’d probably have been equally as bad ?

I'm not sure if it would have been. We wouldn't have seen Butterfield RW and Johnson LW for a start. 

Archived