Rooney at Derby

therealhantsram

Supersub. I'd bring him on for Martin on 60 mins of every match. Keep them both fresh.

In fact I'd bring Waggy on for Marriott at the same time and make Wayne and Waggy wear microphones so we can listen to them trying to understand each other.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

His acting seems to have suffered a rapid decline over the years.

Top acting ? hes never really been a talker tho hes about as good as harry kane for talking haha, just lets his football do the talking for him ?

34 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Everybody getting excited to see rooney playing for Derby but cocu has seen him in training for utd and decided on his new position 

The real reason why roos has kept his place for so long ?

He punches better than Roos! ?

22 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Ideally for me - him behind Martin and Marriott in a diamond

Shinnie and Holmes the box to box and Bielik the CDM

I think the intelligence (football) of Rooney and Martin - combined with the runs and pace of Marriott should scare anyone

That was my original thought too. But (and it's a big 'but') if Lawrence finally finds consistent form in that new position, would you drop him for Rooney? 

Not drop necessarily but rotate I hope it would help Lawrence to find form and consistency if he knows he has to compete for the shirt with Rooney

I would also rotate Martin and Marriott with Waghorn and Bennett (or Rooney of Lawrence is doing the business)  but here for me at the moment Martin and Marriott are the obvious starters

2 hours ago, Davide said:

I imagine this signing will lift the whole team. He is still a goal scorer too- He’s reached double figures for the season. 

It may well have already lifted them.. given he was around the training ground this week.  With the Keogh thing it had the potential to cast a big cloud over match preparations, but with Rooney in the building I suspect there was little time to think about the former captain.

Logic says he’ll be a number 10 / AM but if there are any sides out there with lumbering CB’s I wouldn’t mind seeing him up front. One thing for sure Wayne won’t get bullied.

its going to interesting seeing a once brilliant player cope with the championship when the explosive muscle energy that gives you that first yard isn’t there. 
Ever the optimist I think he will cope more than well, and give us a few golden moments in to the bargain. I still treasure that scissor kick goal against Man City. 

6 minutes ago, jono said:

Logic says he’ll be a number 10 / AM but if there are any sides out there with lumbering CB’s I wouldn’t mind seeing him up front. One thing for sure Wayne won’t get bullied.

its going to interesting seeing a once brilliant player cope with the championship when the explosive muscle energy that gives you that first yard isn’t there. 
Ever the optimist I think he will cope more than well, and give us a few golden moments in to the bargain. I still treasure that scissor kick goal against Man City. 

You were doing so well till that last sentence @jono  Blue Moon rising, Red Devils sinking ?

4 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

That was my original thought too. But (and it's a big 'but') if Lawrence finally finds consistent form in that new position, would you drop him for Rooney? 

I'd have both of them. Maybe even play Rooney slightly deeper as he is a good passer of the ball and all round footballer with intelligence for the game. Lawrence isn't, but he is good in other ways. This is what it's all about, playing to the strengths of our players and finding a way to put it all together. If cocu gets it right, we could be a scary side. Martin, Marriott, Rooney, Lawrence. 

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

I’d happily take a strike or two not dissimilar to his first for Everton v Arsenal ?

Hmmm what are the odds Man Utd or Everton FA Cup 3rd Round ?

I’ll second that !

I was kind of born a Manchester United fan ( I really did live near there. Honest ! ) my Granddad was from Flixton and my Gran was from Ancoats. I had a season ticket for about 5 years in the 70’s/early 80’s but it was Bovril and a wagon wheel with Grandpa rather than prawn sandwiches. So in a sense City are almost like Forest for me so that goal was a delight. . These days I still “follow” united and wish them well but I’m Derby First ... and was screaming for joy when Keogh buried that penalty. 

DCFC started as a  mistress and midlife crisis having lived here for the last 20 odd years. I can’t tell you how much I owe DCFC for reviving my love of live real football and being a supporter. I just have to be a Ram now, results and league position mean nothing. 

That  Arsenal goal .. I can still remember the commentator saying “16 year old Wayne Rooney” as the ball hit the back of the net. Sweet moment .. flipping 16 and scoring against Arsenal ending a 30 match unbeaten run. .. interesting factoid .. when he debuts for us then DCFC will have been home to the 2 most capped England players of all time. 

in results terms I have no idea what effect he will have but as a halo for this great club of ours, and something to tingle your spine then I can’t wait ! 

phew .. that was a blooming essay sorry ?. I just love the game, love winning, love flair, skill, effort passion. I think Rooney does too. 

Archived